Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Party Poker Account Frozen

I am a new online poker player and recently opened a partypoker account. I won a couple hundred bucks and wanted to pull out some to neteller. As soon as I did that my account was frozen. I called up the number and they said my computer was being used by like 15 different people. I know thats basically impossible, I am the only one that uses my computer to play. Has anyone ever run into this problem before?

Also, they want me to fax my driver's license to them for verification. I am always reluctant to give away personal information, is pay-pro legit?
Old 12-20-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Re: Party Poker Account Frozen

Photocopy your DL and whiteout any info you don't want to share and then fax it.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:45 AM

Paypro & Party Poker are very legit.
Old 12-20-2005, 12:59 AM

Does anyone know how they verify what computer you are playing with? I specifically asked whether it was the same IP or computer and the guy said computer. Is it possible I am being hacked in some way? I think my computer is pretty secure, hardware firewall, antivirus, scanned regularly etc...

Plus, why would anyone hack me to just play partypoker through my computer....
Old 12-20-2005, 01:00 AM

Listen: you have 2 posts. Just fess up to us here as to what you did and you might get some objective advice on what you should do. Don't play games, and post half-truths hoping you'll be able to decipher the correct answer to your problems.

People here have been around the block. First time posters who claim to have innocuously gotten their accounts frozen are a dime a dozen, and the # of them who actually turned out to have done something shady is higher than you'd believe.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:16 AM

do what they say, I messed up early and referred myself, then got drunk and blew the referral bonus, I filled out a prefferred player app, closed one account and all was well.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen: you have 2 posts. Just fess up to us here as to what you did and you might get some objective advice on what you should do. Don't play games, and post half-truths hoping you'll be able to decipher the correct answer to your problems.

People here have been around the block. First time posters who claim to have innocuously gotten their accounts frozen are a dime a dozen, and the # of them who actually turned out to have done something shady is higher than you'd believe.

[/ QUOTE ]
You disgust me
Old 12-20-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You disgust me

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you've been registered here all of a month and a half. I know you'd like to think you know what you're talking about, but i'll save you the trouble. You don't.

This guy may actually be legit. The track record of first-time posters suggests otherwise.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:41 AM

Thanks for the help. Alright you got me, I admit everything.... No really. I actually wasnt doing anything, somehow there are random accounts somehow linked to my computer. And if you arent going to give any constructive advice, how about not talking at all....
Old 12-20-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You disgust me

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, you've been registered here all of a month and a half. I know you'd like to think you know what you're talking about, but i'll save you the trouble. You don't.

This guy may actually be legit. The track record of first-time posters suggests otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean you have to be a dick to him just because he hasn't posted here as much as you. I can feel for this guy because I've had a very similar experience, and like he says, if you don't have anything constructive to say don't post. When people get F***ed over they don't want to here a bunch of people calling them a liar, they want help. Your 1200 posts doesn't make you a [censored] god.