Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 02:28 PM

Default PokerAce vs. Gametime

Is it worth paying for PokerAce when I can get Gametime+ for free?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: PokerAce vs. Gametime

YES
Old 12-16-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YES

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-16-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YES

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-16-2005, 02:48 PM

Yes. The major advantage is datamining and muck hands showing. Especially if you play party or prima you can have the tables opened and be datamining and see the stats without setting up the table in GT+. Gets you in the best tables without having to sit there for a while.

The mucked hands only seem to work at party now, but it is nice to have. If you see some donk calling with Q high, you would miss that with GT+
Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. The major advantage is datamining and muck hands showing. Especially if you play party or prima you can have the tables opened and be datamining and see the stats without setting up the table in GT+. Gets you in the best tables without having to sit there for a while.

The mucked hands only seem to work at party now, but it is nice to have. If you see some donk calling with Q high, you would miss that with GT+

[/ QUOTE ]

You can still look in the hand history and see what the mucked cards are, right?
Old 12-16-2005, 08:10 PM

Yes, that's why it only works with Party, it's just reading the hand history.

Many other sites dont have the mucked hands in the hand history so PokerAce isnt able to show it.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:12 PM

It's only $25, it is slightly more efficent and if you play on Party it shows mucked hands without having to look thru the hand history.

For that reason I recently choose to buy it, otherwise GT+ was working fine for me.

The only thing I missed was that I could put GT+ in icon only mode, and just mouse over to see the actual stats. PokerAce just shows stats and if you click on a name you can see their actual rating. It's probally better with just the raw data anyway because it allows me to make a more intuitive decision on how to play my opponents.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:42 PM

I used to use GT+ as well, but after trying PokerAce for a day there was no contest. The way it automatically shows mucked hands pays for itself in time saved. The fact that it automatically finds the tables and displays the data is also a huge benefit.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I missed was that I could put GT+ in icon only mode, and just mouse over to see the actual stats. PokerAce just shows stats and if you click on a name you can see their actual rating. It's probally better with just the raw data anyway because it allows me to make a more intuitive decision on how to play my opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you mean by "icon only mode". But you can have PA only display the character icons and nothing else, and then use the pop up stats to see the number ratings. Not sure if this is what you are refering to.