Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: NL 100 - Turn/river line check

Exactly so the raise on the river accomplishes absolutely nothing other than throwing away money.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've also noticed that people at this level call on the river with the stone cold nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya that was hillarious. Not likely he would have gotten anymore but dumb nonetheless
Old 12-09-2005, 12:23 AM

Thanks for all the responses.

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly so the raise on the river accomplishes absolutely nothing other than throwing away money.

[/ QUOTE ]

My raise was supposed to represent the hand he unfortunately had. I was hoping a hand like TPTK would fold. As I said, I prob should have gathered that he had a better hand than that when he bet then river.

My bigger question, which still no one has really touched on, is if this type of raise (after raisng flop and then just calling turn) looks to much like a missed draw. This si obviously an instacall with the nuts, but will any thinking player look at this line and call with TPTK because it looks like I'm bluffing with a missed draw?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:59 AM

i hate your call of his threebet, and I hate your raise on the end. fold to the flop 3-bet, and even if you call, DONT raise here, because he has already 3-bet your ass. he is strong.