Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Breif notes on Vegas

The Floor at the Mirage is fined $1 for every minute they spend at the front desk. On the High side, no floor has ever been fined. The fine for a Floor caught in possession of a working microphone is a flat $200. No recorded fines there, either.

After driving and walking past, literally, hundreds of restaurants, I have good news for all Italians currently residing in Vegas: You can learn to spell "restaurant." Hint: "Restaurant" is spelled neither with an i nor an o.

Vegas is overrun by mice. There seem to be several varieties. A larger-sized variety can be seen scampering across roadways in front of oncoming cars, much as house cats and armadillos do in normal parts of the world.

The Strip seems to have its own species, a pigmy variety. When first observed, I thought these mice (smaller than shrews) were juveniles, but after observing their behavior, I think they may be tiny adults. Amazingly able to walk upside down beneath the faux-limestone architectural features of the Bellagio, they make constant raiding forays to the trash receptacles conveniently placed in pedestrian walkways. They seem wary of, but undaunted by, the throngs of pedestrians through which they dart. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who knows more about these little critters.

Written from Ristorante Gagarell on The Strip.