Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 11:07 PM

Default KK w/ A on flop

Just sat down a few hands before this, no reads on anyone.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

My play didn't feel right, but I don't know what I should have done differently. Thoughts?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Re: KK w/ A on flop

I think this is played fine. Different if you had a read on villian here. If it was super LAGgy you could definitely reraise that, but otherwise I think this line is good. The flop call of the raise is probably close to break-even with the implied, but it's good for image.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: KK w/ A on flop

I'd fold the flop once you are raised (unless you called so people won't take shots at you which is perfectly fine. The reason for my fold is that the raiser is unlikely to be on a draw. The board is rainbow so we can eliminate flushes. Most players at this level won't raise on a gutshot so unless you have a read on the villian I'd eliminate that possibility. That leaves us with 89 for an OESD which he probably doesn't have as he called two cold preflop so his most likely holding is an ace with a big kicker.