Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Hardcore Warts

So I've had these same warts for probably over a year now, and THEY HAVEN'T GONE AWAY. I have one on each thumb, and after many, many, many treatments, they're still there.
I've tried everything, the home wart removal kit, the freeze treatment at the doctor(over 15 times probably) and they have even cut them off, only to come back. By the way, those damn freeze treatments are one of the most painful things you will ever feel. It's -398 degrees of Liquid Nitrogen directly on your skin. The pain doesn't go away for a few hours. So other than just going to the doctor religously and experiencing this overwhelming pain, do I have any other options ie. surgery, that aren't painful. My doctor says she thinks we can have them gone by the end of the year, but I don't see it happening, and it hurts too much. What's my play?
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Hardcore Warts

Get the acid treatment
Old 10-26-2005, 08:43 PM

sounds painful, what do they do (I just shivered)
Old 10-26-2005, 08:44 PM

i had much the same problem for a long time. I had bad warts when I was a kid and had treatment on them and they went away after a couple years. Then they recently came back when I was older. They lasted for a couple more years and now have magically completely disappeared. Not really sure what the deal is. Maybe I just grew out of them...I'm 25 now. Hopefully they will not come back. I used the home things and had them frozen at the docs and that did not work either. Maybe I willed them away...dunno? I would keep going to the docs and maybe that will work eventually...and it doesn't hurt that bad. Grow a sack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 08:49 PM

i have them on my fingers as well, it started with one, then i got it removed, by getting it cut out, then it came back along with others, its not really noticeable, i've been thinking about going to the store to get the over the counter stuff

Not really sure what to do about it if that stuff doesn't work though...
Old 10-26-2005, 08:52 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

duct tape

maybe that will help ? i don't know. i read a lot of good about duct tape removing warts.
but i've had a stupid wart on my foot for over a year now , and been trying duct tape for at least 6 months and hasn't gone away. but i'm not very consistent either.
i have sulfur soap, but not sulfur powder, that might make a difference too. i need to get some powder to try.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 PM

i used to have one on my right index finger.. this was years ago.. then all of a sudden i had 2 on my finger, right next to each other. i finally had enough and took a nail clipper and just sheared the thing right off. it hurt and bled, yes. then i saw this little black speck in the middle of the mess. it was in there, but not too deep. i dug it out with a toothpick. in my mind it was some kind of "heart" of the wart, haha.. i don't even know if that's true. anyway i dug that joint out and just taped up my finger with a bandaid for a few weeks. boom, gone
Old 10-26-2005, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would keep going to the docs and maybe that will work eventually...and it doesn't hurt that bad. Grow a sack [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I must have a bitch of a doctor then because it hurts! I may sound like a puss but since they are on my thumbs, it's almost hard to drive back home after I get them treated. It would be awesome if I just grew out of em
Gorie- The duct tape stuff only helps if they are small and you got them treated at the doctor recently. They say to get them sprayed then wrap them in duct tape. But I think my warts are past that point.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i used to have one on my right index finger.. this way years ago.. then all of a sudden i had 2 on my finger, right next to each other. i finally had enough and took a nail clipper and just sheared the thing right off. it hurt and bled, yes. then i saw this little black speck in the middle of the mess. it was in there, but not too deep. i dug it out with a toothpick. in my mind it was some kind of "heart" of the wart, haha.. i don't even know if that's true. anyway i dug that joint out and just taped up my finger with a bandaid for a few weeks. boom, gone

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus man, years later did you go on to cut your arm off with a pocket knife following a hiking accident?
Old 10-26-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i used to have one on my right index finger.. this was years ago.. then all of a sudden i had 2 on my finger, right next to each other. i finally had enough and took a nail clipper and just sheared the thing right off. it hurt and bled, yes. then i saw this little black speck in the middle of the mess. it was in there, but not too deep. i dug it out with a toothpick. in my mind it was some kind of "heart" of the wart, haha.. i don't even know if that's true. anyway i dug that joint out and just taped up my finger with a bandaid for a few weeks. boom, gone

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend used to have a bunch of warts on the bottom of his feet. I guess he got sick of looking at them so at night he would pick at them and eventually got rid of them all by removing this black seed you talk about.

Pretty [censored] gross if you ask me.