Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: From Josh Arieh\'s website

Here's something that could be great for poker. Arieh and other blow hards shut their pie hole's, be nice and stop running off the new players )at all levels).

Another great player that comes off as an A-Hole...IMHO

Side note: I'm for Ivey right behind Raymer.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:16 PM

I was playing 3/6 NL at Arieh's table on Bodog the other day and me and him were both yucking it up about his bottomless fish pit... some guy tried to snap off a bluff with Q high for all his chips, must be nice to get sponsored
Old 07-12-2005, 11:17 PM

People say that overall Arieh is a good guy, he just made himself look like an a** during the confrontation.

The latest website posting doesn't help his cause either.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Really. He whines, "I can't believe you put all your money in with AJo" (after hitting his ace on the flop), when he had all his in with 89h on a draw.

Then like two hands later, "I can't believe he put all his money in with JJ", when he had all his in AK.

Like double standards much, Josh?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both hands Josh was pushing all-in, while his opponent is making a questionable call. If you don't see the difference start by reading the gap concept than read up on folding equity and go from their.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both hands Josh was pushing all-in, while his opponent is making a questionable call. If you don't see the difference start by reading the gap concept than read up on folding equity and go from their.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-12-2005, 11:35 PM

Josh had Th9h

Harry Demetriou had AJo

Flop was Ax-Kh-Qh. Harry did not have a heart. Josh moved all-in. Harry called. Turn was a blank. River was a heart and Josh goes off. I just saw the episode last night and he said "You call me with that? We can gamble! You called me with...hoo boy!" and some other things similar. Harry said "you got lucky, plain and simple" and Josh starts going off again.

The call might be questionable but Josh standing over him and taunting him after sucking out is pretty f'n retarded.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Really. He whines, "I can't believe you put all your money in with AJo" (after hitting his ace on the flop), when he had all his in with 89h on a draw.

Then like two hands later, "I can't believe he put all his money in with JJ", when he had all his in AK.

Like double standards much, Josh?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I could have sworn that Josh called with the inside straight flush draw.... but if not, OK.

I'm well aware of the gap concept, thanks.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:36 AM

Josh definately called the all in bet, but neither of them really played the hand that poorly after the flop.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:49 AM

Not that this really matters, but i think that Josh's poiny was that Demttriou decided to check/ re-raise all in when the board read

A Kh Qh

I believe that although josh went all in, his point was that
a) He had to call with his current pot odds and all the possible draws he could hit (this making harry's check-raise a mistake which forced Josh to go all in.
b) The fact that the hand was raised pre-flop and harry played it so aggresively when there were a wide variety of hands that could have dominated Demetrious hand. (AA-QQ, Ak, AQ, KQ, JT, that were all possible for Josh to have.
c) Harry probably tried to push a hand that Josh thought he could throw him off of, or garb the pot from (and rightfully so).

These are just my thoughts, and as you can see, i can agree with josh being suprised with demetrious play here (A check raise is a rather bold play, even when pl,aying against a loose opponent like Josh). Comments?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:01 AM

I wish I hadn't deleted it from my Tivo...

Regardless, Josh was an a-hole at least thrice in last year's ME, in the last three tables, just counting hands that were caught on camera and shown on ESPN.

He taunted Demetriou after catching his heart on the river, moaned and groaned about getting called with JJ vs AK, and then called Raymer a name after getting eliminated from the final table. Granted Raymer forgave him later.

Together with the ring game hearsay, I have to believe that in general, he's a douche.