Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Stars Post-Rebuy Hand

$11 Rebuy on Stars, after the rebuy period, blinds are 100/200.

Folded to me in CO+1 with a stack of about 13,000, I raise it to 800 with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Big aggressive stack in the CO with about 38,000 calls. Everyone else folds. The pot is now 1,900.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet 1,200, CO calls. The pot is now 4,300.

Turn is the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check because I am 100% sure that the CO will bet. The CO bets 1,000. I raise it to 4,000. The CO calls. The pot is now 12,300.

River is the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. What is my play here? How did I play up to this point?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Stars Post-Rebuy Hand

Rick,

I like your flop bet. Its definately a scary flop, but you have plenty of outs to the absolute nuts. The turn was fairly innocent. You hate to see a nother spade or a J/Q on the river though. He bets out 1k. There's where I think you made your mistake.

Now, before we get too far, what does he have that he would coldcall preflop instead of raise. If he really is over aggressive, wouldn't it be prudent to think he would reraise with AK, AQ, AA/KK/QQ. He might just call with aQo, AJs, ATs, JJ, TT. For some reason QJo/s seems VERY unlikely.

Question also is, what does he think YOU have? What kind of player does he think you are?

So, he calls your 4k reraise, and about the worst possible card comes (I would rate a J as worse, as AQ seems more likely than AJ to have you beat).

I think (And I hope I'm not biased by having seen the river card) I would have pushed on the turn, hoping to get called by AK, AQ, AT, or a worse set. QJ just seems HIGHLY unlikely at this point.

River is an awful card. I think you have to check here, call any bet that is less than 3k, and fold to his push.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Results

On the river, I thought about it, and really could not put him on any jack. During this hazy period, I actually wanted a call. I push all-in, he calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I am out.

I am sure that the consensus would be that I should have pushed the turn. I agree.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
On the river, I thought about it, and really could not put him on any jack. During this hazy period, I actually wanted a call. I push all-in, he calls with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I am out.

I am sure that the consensus would be that I should have pushed the turn. I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF he made a real bet, maybe. But he did a tiny-ass bet.