Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Losing the real Zoo

[ QUOTE ]
Now if you are having problems with your play toys....sigh...Stagey boy...I got some critters for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately (I guess), all the animals in the middle part of the United States are somehow skittish about "playing" with anyone else. You will just have to keep "playing" by yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2004, 05:14 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Thomas, thanks for the link. Unfortunately it leads to an empty thread (perhaps moderators have removed the posts?)

Anyway, I assume she/he has been vulgar again. And to be honest, I don't give a ...

William
Old 06-24-2004, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From what I've read, Granny seems to be burnt out on the Zoo and needs a break. I don't recall reading anything that said it was permanent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cup,

Grannie isn't the real issue I was trying to bring up. Grannie is the symptom.

Think about this forum 6 mos. ago. 1 year ago. 2 years ago. Then look at it today.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thomas, thanks for the link. Unfortunately it leads to an empty thread (perhaps moderators have removed the posts?)

Anyway, I assume she/he has been vulgar again. And to be honest, I don't give a ...

William

[/ QUOTE ]

You can click the link then click to view in threaded mode then click back to flat. But if you don't care...
Old 06-24-2004, 05:28 PM

the link worked fine for me.

also relevent may have been the various threads where she was relating info about PITTM's cheating and some posters felt she was bringing it up too frequently.
she had quite the anti-PITTM agenda (not without justification) but seemed bothered that she was actually taking some flack as well.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:29 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Thanks for the tip. It works fine.

I don't care if Granny comes back or not, but I am interested in the thread.

Thanks again

William
Old 06-24-2004, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The poor response is amazing. Maybe it's time for those that have been around awhile to just lurk and watch the serious pros take over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been around awhile, and honestly, I don't see any real difference with the "Zoo" now, and before. There was a reason this place originally became known as the "Zoo" and I don't see how the current "line-up" is that much different.

Sure, there are a bunch of new faces, and many have moved on. But, I still don't see too much of a difference. All the same important info is still here (and discussed), mixed in with the wacky stuff.

Many of us came early to this party, but that does not mean others are not welcome late. Part of the Zoo culture seems to be the flame wars and other extra curricular stuff. Everyone seems to be a target at one time or another. Its really no big deal (at least to me). You take your shots and move on, its even fun if you "play back," but that is the individual's choice.

I can't belive anyone really thinks of GM as a spammer, and I can't see how that would get GM riled up. I have noticed that GM took a strong stance v. PTTM and may have been dismayed that many posters requested she back off or move on (I posted that she should back off a bit...but I made sure to not make it a personal attack, as I sincerely believe she has a right to be upset with PTTM's admitted cheating). Otherwise, I don't know...she very well may be on vacation, and that is her business.

You can stay or go; you may be missed, you may not. (I don't mean "you" TT - you would be missed) It really does not matter. If the forum lacked utility, there would not be so many frequenting the Zoo. As Yogi Berra once said, Nobody goes to (name of restaurant) anymore...its too crowded.

Therefore, it comes down to who YOU think matters. If your favorite posters move on, you may be upset, and there would be more "nobodys" crowding the forum.

My final two cents. It is my opinion that most of the "trolls" are alter-egos (of alter-egos) who are having a goof...most often as a sort of inside joke. I have noticed that many of the trolls, do not screw around with "normal" threads, and only reserve their ad-hominem attacks for other "trolls" or for posters who have posted a question that has been asked and answered a hundred times, yet the poster did not have the courtesy to do a search of the forum. Of course, there are other trolls who are A-holes and they seem to be readily ignored. Nevertheless, maybe all the "trolls" are really just that and are on a mission to be a pain-in-the butt.

A few "trolls" have simply stated as much, and they are usually ignored.

I don't know why all the fuss, I think this place is fun and I get a whole lotta laughs. (Maybe, I am too easily amused).
Old 06-24-2004, 05:34 PM

I'm I missing something or what? This place is called the zoo right? I always assumed it was because of the mindless crap that is posted here. I guess the majority here would call me a troll because I haven't reached the ubber status of eight million posts. Everyone calling this person and that person names (I've done it myself). You'd think by reading the posts on this forum that the few are the super gods of this little insignificant section of the web and any intrusion in their little playhouse is an insult to their superior intellect.

Guess what uber posters of the Zoo, this site is open to the public to make money for the owners. You see those little annoying links to the sides, they are there to make money.

Who really cares what happened to the geezer, other then for her ability to annoy with her annoyicons. Whoever suggested that SHE is a possible he is wrong. Only a chick (or gay guy, not that there's anything wrong with that.)would use SO MANNNNYY annoyicons. It probably goes well with here little teddy bear that sits by her computer.

Troll won, Zoo none
Old 06-24-2004, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been around awhile, and honestly, I don't see any real difference with the "Zoo" now, and before. There was a reason this place originally became known as the "Zoo" and I don't see how the current "line-up" is that much different.

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was a senior in college, all my mates would say "this college is just not the same, all the good guys are gone, the freshmen suck"

I imagine every class says the same thing.