Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Interesting Hand from WPT Aruba

WPT Aruba, day 1 flight 3. I've been playing for 35 minutes but haven't seen a flop yet.
Here's the only time I put chips in the pot:
25/50 blinds, utg+1 limps, I limp utg+2, MP makes it 300, and everyone folds including me.

In the hand in question blinds are 25/50. Utg (Dave Williams) and Utg+1 fold. Semi-Tight UTG+2 makes it 150. MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls. I call J9s in the CO. Button folds. SB throws in a purple (500) and a black (100) chip. The dealer announces raise. He flinches as he starts to say, "no..." looks at the chips in the pot, and says, "ok" and kind of shrugs. BB folds. Initial raisor folds. MP1 calls. MP3 thinks for a few seconds and throws in two yellow chips. I'm next to act.

There are 3 players other than me still in the pot, here are my reads:

SB is a middle aged guy, (35ish), seemingly honest. Nothing about him seems very aggressive or even slightly tricky/deceiving. I'm 95% sure that his reaction is legit, and he did intend to call the raise. Obviously I have to consider the chance of angle shooting, and I did, and like I said, I'm 95% certain he intended to call. He has roughly 10k chips.
MP1 is an older guy, (45ish). He doesn't seem too experienced, and is clearly one of the worst players at the table. He's loose passive. I'm fairly certain he's a low limit online player that won a satellite into this event. My read is that he will be very hesitant to put his tournament on the line. He has roughly 9k chips.
MP3 is a young (24ish) guy with an accent (European or possibly Australian). He is the most aggressive player at the table, and that is saying a lot with Dave Williams at the table. He has been raising and rerasing lots of pots preflop and postflop. He rarely calls anything on any street. He's certainly the raise or fold type. He has about 14k chips, and does not seem to be afraid to put them in for any reason. He is definately a thinking player, possibly even a very good player, although I haven't played with him enough to know. My guess is that he's merely an above average player that is overconfident, but like I said, it's certainly possible that he's a very good player.

I'm next to act, and I have 9800 chips (note that all chip stacks mentioned are chip stacks at the start of the hand). I think for about 35 seconds and push all-in.

Something to consider: There are 3750 chips in the pot (625 from SB, 50 from BB, 150 from initial raiser, 625 MP1, 2150 MP3, and 150 from me)

Please let me know what you think, but make sure you have taken in all the information in this post before you do. There's a ton of different factors to consider, so it's prolly best to read this twice before responding. All constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Anyone that reads this should question my possible range of hands. Here are hands I can call the initial raise with and push expecting to have the best hand: Pairs QQ-99, AK, AQo, AKs, AQs and AJs. Out of all possible outcomes, the one I'm most worried about is getting a call from the guy to my right with a hand like ATo or 77. I'd expect him to fold those hands more often than not, but you never know.
There is no player in the hand who I think can conceivably have AA, KK, or QQ except for the SB who still has a 5% chance of angle shooting. MP1 seems way too weak to have QQ and would probably rearise it anyway. MP3 would certainly reraise the initial 150 with any of those hands.
-ZJ