Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Multi tabling help

Boy have i got a treat for you guys [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm currently testing the latest update before i release it, in the mean time i'm gonna write this post (download link will follow as soon as my current SnG's are done - provided that no errors have occurred.

The only (besides a couple of minor internal changes) addition is the support for keyboard control. MTH now gives you the option to turn on "Keyboard control".

When Keyboard control is turned on, you can make bets, checks, folds, raises etc using your keyboard.

The controls are as follows (can't be changed):

Shift+F = Fold
Shift+R = Bet/Raise
Shift+C = Check/Call

If you've got "Auto clear bet" checked, the bet amount will automatically be cleared when the active table pops up. When there's an active table, any number you press will be typed into the bet amount box, no matter if the window has focus or not. Pressing the backspace button will clear the bet amount entirely.

I thought about whether i needed the Shift+ combo, but i want to make sure that you make the right action, and that you're not just typing something in the chat (Pacific anyone?).

I would like to hear your opinion on the controls, is anything missing? Does it work? Should it work differently? Different key combos?

As always, this is an early release, so please don't go out and play $100/200 NL before you've tested it.

In the case that MTH doesn't respond to your keyboard actions (doesn't bet, raise, whatever), please note down the name of the button you wanted to "press", the name is crucial for me to find out what went wrong.

There is one "hitch" though. The first time MTH folded a hand for me (not automatically of corse) Party gave me the bot test. I entered the correct text, and all was fine. An hour or so later i got the test again, still no problems. I haven't seen the test since then. So obviously Party detects that it's not you physically acting. I have mailed Party to get a confirmation of MTH being legal and withing the rules of their T&C (which i am very sure it is). I haven't got a response yet though.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Adding keyboard control is a great feature, but you say the key's you've chosen can't be changed. Can that be changed? The key's I've selected for my AHK script are 1-6 on the numpad, one key for each of the 6 buttons which you can check off before action is at you. Also these keys can press each of the normal buttons(1/3 for fold, 2/5 check/call, 3/6 raise). I found this to work really well while playing (won't do multitable because I still can't figure out how to set up window focus properly). So is it possible for you to allow different sets of hot keys or could you try my method and see if you like it better for your program?

JarekB
Old 06-26-2005, 07:02 PM

(Link will follow soon, found a couple of bugs)

It will be possible to change the keys, but not in the first release.

The problem with using the number keys is that it works great for FL, but not for NL players, we have to enter the bet amount.

You can't check off the buttons before action, since only the currently active table receives the keyboard input.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:20 PM

15 mins, i got the bugs worked out, gonna implement key setup.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:29 PM

Orca:

You, sir, RULE!!!

That is all.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:49 PM

Thanks dude [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

New version is up and can be downloaded from here.

I've tested it somewhat, and it seems to work, haven't experienced any glitches lately, but you never know, do i need to repeat my usual disclaimer? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can setup your own keys now by opening the "MultiTableHelper.exe.config" file in Notepad and changing the values. The file should be rather self explanatory.

The only "special" key available is Shift, i've not included Ctrl and Alt since they often are used for menus, system functions and such. The keys you can use are listed here - use the name in bold, write it exactly as on this page. The only exception is the numeric keys, don't use D0-9 and NumPad0-9, simply use 0-9, they will work for both the numpad and the usual decimals.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:31 PM

I worked out the NL aspect in my sript, here's how

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>Raise bet by 1x Big Blind
NumpadAdd::
ControlGetText,CurrentBet,Edit3,A
NewBet := (CurrentBet + 0.25)
ControlSetText,Edit3,%NewBet%,A
return

;Lower bet by 1x Big Blind
NumpadSub::
ControlGetText,CurrentLesserBet,Edit3,A
NewLesserBet := (CurrentLesserBet - 0.25)
ControlSetText,Edit3,%NewLesserBet%,A
return</pre><hr />

You should be able to adapt that to your program. Basically what it does is sends the mouse to the field where the bet can be changed and save the value that's there already, then by either pressing + or - increses the saved value under a diffrent variable. Finally it sends the new value to the box. I confirm the bet using NumpadEnter.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:39 PM

Yeah, i could do something like that, but i much prefer entering the exact bet amounts, and not necessarily as increments of the BB. Anyone else have some input on this issue?
Old 06-26-2005, 08:44 PM

The new version cannot make bets on the flop turn when checked to. It can, however, raise or fold.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:58 PM

Does this only happen on the turn? Can you make bets on the turn/river if checked to? Does the table get activated - moved to the active corner?