Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Flop a set of 2\'s vs. aggression

Flopped a set of 2's and get capped each street. Am I being too agressive here? Villains stats are 34/16/3.0 after 50 hands according to MacPoker Pro. Making him SLAA. He hasn't done anything special to stand out to me.

PokerRoom 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ,2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (18.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB

Thoughts?
TIA
-flayangler-
Old 07-13-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Flop a set of 2\'s vs. aggression

You have trips, not a set. I'd slow down on the turn. I'm thinking 32o is here.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:13 PM

A pre-Flop Raise with 32o? I'm thinking from those stats and the aggression, that he has a high pocket pair. If it is QQ or TT, you are toast. I would keep betting until the turn, then call down against continued aggression. With his high PFR%, he could also have 33, but I think the chances that you have the winner are pretty good.

It is also likely he has AKs-ATs or KQs-KTs, and made a flush on the river. I would still call on the river, the pot is gigantic.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A pre-Flop Raise with 32o?

[/ QUOTE ]

Argh, you're right, not paying attention. Still overplayed IMO, Hero's hand is not very disguised here.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A pre-Flop Raise with 32o? I'm thinking from those stats and the aggression, that he has a high pocket pair. If it is QQ or JJ, you are toast. I would keep betting until the turn, then call down against continued aggression. With his high PFR%, he could also have 33, but I think the chances that you have the winner are pretty good.

It is also likely he has AKs-ATs or KQs-KTs, and made a flush on the river. I would still call on the river, the pot is gigantic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I toast against JJ? Pre-flop you mean? I think the CC was ok PF, lost of ways to make a winner out of this hand IMO.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:36 PM

You're right, I misread. I thought it was a J on the turn. my mistake.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:18 PM

river is overplayed IMO after villain caps turn. QQ or aggressive flush draw.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:25 PM

BB bets into the PF raiser. I see him holding a three, making it less likely your villain holds 3's, but still possible obviously. I'll go with a previous poster's idea about a higher pocket pair. Maybe he caught that third queen on the turn. If it were me I'd probably check-call the river after he raised on the turn, pretty much ruling out the possibility of a flush draw. But who knows, he's pretty aggressive.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:33 PM

You should probably check/call the river after he caps the turn. The problem with betting the river is that he will call you when you are good and raise when you are beat (assuming that the villian is sane). So bet-calling is dominated by check-calling.

If you think you are still good, you can check/raise or bet-3bet the river. Both of these options look like spewage to me given how the hand played out. You would pretty much have to have him pegged on AA to make either of these plays, and aces doesn't seem like a logical hand for him at this point.

Brad
Old 07-13-2005, 03:41 PM

This was definitely spewing, he had the QQ and I never saw it as a possibility until he flipped his cards. I was too aggressive (as usual) and I'll probably do this again sometime in the future. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Thanks for all your advice.
-flyangler-