Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 03:12 PM

Default Gutshot- London

Does any1 here play at the gutshot poker club in london?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Gutshot- London

I have played once at gutshot. It is pretty intereseting experience, they spread 50 and 100 sterling buy-in PL Holdem with a dealer, and 25 self dealt. Since I dont like dealing, i bought into the 50 game. The rules take a bit getting used to, and after playing quite tight, I see AKo in my hand and went to raise the 4 pound pot by throwing in a 10pound chip. I was told that since I didn't say raise until after the chip went in it was a call. 3 players later the guy raises pot, I reraise pot and he then 3 bets me all in for my remaining 40. He flips AA and no miracle for me. On rebuy I managed to win 150 pounds, mosting on one hand by going all on turn from the blind on a flopped 2 pr turned (9-8s) boat against two overpairs (10s and Ks), which was a nice one. Right when I was rolling, they closed the cash games to start their evening tourney...this was a bummer!

The place is NOT fancy, a bit of a run down pub with tables in the basement. However, i found the crowd to be mostly nice, a mix of working class brits, wondering through Yanks like me and assorted others. I definitely felt more at home here than at the Grosvenor, which is the only other regular poker room I know of in London.

Overall, I will return...Go learn how to play PL there, it is a fun time...PS, the food wasn't too bad either!