Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2005, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Hand from Bellagio 5 diamond

[ QUOTE ]
she would have to ping you on damn near exactly KK

[/ QUOTE ]

No, remember, that I had stated earlier that she had known that I frequently would get out of line preflop, for me to be holding two random cards in that spot is definitely something that I knew that she could recognize. In our past pots together, the hands that she had taken down, she took with no contest, after I had given up after taking one stab. Obviously, these hands it was obvious that I had two random cards, and just missed the board, which became apparent after she bet and I instantly folded, I don't waste time trying to make people think that I could call their bet, as some do after taking a stab and then folding. I just instantly fold. I am in enough pots where it is clear that it is unlikely for me to be holding a premium hand, at any given time, so trying to act as if I might call has no benefits, it isn't going to cause people to play back at me less. These people are not idiots, they know that I am stealing, and I don't even try and convince them otherwise...I just say something like, "your lucky I raised/bet with trash," and fold. So in the hand above, if I don't think that she cannot extend her read of my range of hands to include a six, would make this whole line ridiculous for me to play.

She was there when I doubled through Patrick with 75, and she was also there when I busted Joe Seebok with 86 in a raised pot. And we had talked about these hands as well, so I had a very good idea of what level of thinking she was on, in any given situation.