Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 07:44 AM

Default Re: BK and I disagree

[ QUOTE ]
There is no reason to bet this flop given the line-up. You might clear out one

[/ QUOTE ]
It would be nice to get some poeple to incorrectly fold but even if they never ever fold to your bet it could easily still be right. If you are favored to have the best hand at the moment then given the texture of the board (the fact that it's unlikely for someone to have two overcards +guthshot or better if they don't have a pair. If one of them has a flush draw well that sucks but with no one betting how often will that be the case?) then a bet is going to make you money.

[ QUOTE ]
be forced to bet the turn again cause the pot is so huge and given the field I just don't think you're ahead and going to stay ahead often enough to justify betting instead of taking a free turn card.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the main reasons I would bet here is because not only are you probably a favorite on the flop but you get to see what the turn card is AND what everyone else does before you have to make any decision on the turn. That's alot of flexibilty. In fact you could be a dog on the flop and have betting still be right given the ability to correctly evaluate whats going on in the hand awarded to you by your excellent position.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:15 AM

easy check. In fact, your 2-outer might not even be good and would definitely set up a bunch of redraws.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:29 AM

The best play here is to bet. Why would you check the flop when the action gets to you? The pot is pretty big at this point and you might be able to fold overcards which will make it easier for you on future rounds. On the turn, I'm betting here again and hopefully no one has hit anything yet. If someone does raise I can easily let it go. I don't think theres alot of players out there who would bluff in this spot specially when theres several callers.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:34 AM

yeah, which one of you wanna check, cuz i wanna make fun of you.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:33 AM

What limit is this? Because if this is a lower limit CB game there is no way the SB c/r's overs. In those games they ussually c/r a made hand and maybe a big draw. Additionally if the sb does call then there is a good chance that he will get everyone to call(or at least 3-4 more). Gutterballs aren't folding, backdoor flushes with overs dont fold here, ect. Just like how when utg limps pre-flop it often starts a complete limpfest b/c everyone else thinks that they just became pot committed.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't count how many times a late position player and EVERY SINGLE PLAYER (read: like 6!) would call the bet. If they have over cards they're calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good overlay and a reason to bet!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:19 AM

Do you guys think there is a big differnce here between betting and checking? This feels like a close one to me.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:34 AM

As I wrote above, I don't think this one is close at all. But even if it was, we all still benefit by clearly stating and understanding all the reasons for betting or checking.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:42 AM

I like a check here. Your going to get 3-4 callers and your not going to win this hand unimproved most likly. Betting just seems like spewing a bet, it would be different with 3-4 pot but not with 7 players in it.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:51 AM

eeen-tresting

I think this depends on your read of SB. If bk is right, he may not checkraise. If schneids is right, he almost certainly will. Certainly the free card is attractive because you can pick up a huge hand well disguised that can win big.