Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 01:13 PM

Default K10s in the cutoff

Another hand. Table is moderate, both in passive-ness, and in loose-ness. I was lost pretty much on every street, though, looking back, I think I would play it the same except for one street.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB
Old 02-10-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: K10s in the cutoff

Raise preflop. Raise the turn. MP2 coming alive when the river pairs the 3 doesn't look too good, but it's a call anyway.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:01 PM

I agree that I should have raised preflop. That was a pretty obvious mistake, looking back.

I have a tough time raising the turn, but looking at what these clowns actually turned over, I can see how it can be profitable.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 6d 5d (two pair, fives and threes).
MP2 has 7h Js (two pair, sevens and threes).
Hero has Tc Kc (two pair, kings and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 11.50 BB. </font>
Old 02-10-2005, 02:05 PM

I used to find it hard to raise the turn too, then I started thinking 'well I raised the flop because I probably have the best hand, the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is unlikely to have changed that, so I raise here too'.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to find it hard to raise the turn too, then I started thinking 'well I raised the flop because I probably have the best hand, the 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is unlikely to have changed that, so I raise here too'.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good way of thinking about it. I think the stop-and-go kind of threw me off a bit.