Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Gemaco vs Copag

Which are better? The Gemaco seem thicker, anyone had a good or bad experience with either?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Gemaco vs Copag

I'm currently using both, but they're both pretty low milage at this point, so I can't say much about durability. I really like them both and prefer them to KEMs.

They seem very similar. The Gemacos are more slippery...others in our home game had problems with them. No one had problems with the Copags, which seem to have a more satin-y feel.

Also, some Gemacos I've seen have a very dark red that can almost look black in a less than well lit room. I checked mine before I bought them and they're fine.

See if you can buy them locally. I stopped in at a local gaming dealer and he had neither. He ordered some of each based on my query (and the shortage of poker sized KEMs). He really likes the Copags, but now carries both and gave me a hefty discount for turning him onto them.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:50 PM

That dark red ink is called "security ink" and is printed that way so that the cards look similar if they get flashed while being dealt. I personally hate the stuff.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:04 PM

I just got a set of Dal Negro cards and they are very nice. I compared them to a set of Kems and Gemaco and the Dal Negros are thicker and have more texture than both. Definitely better than the Gemaco. I really like the Kems as well but these are thicker and have more texture. I got the Dal Negro Freedom decks.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That dark red ink is called "security ink" and is printed that way so that the cards look similar if they get flashed while being dealt. I personally hate the stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, that explains it. We were wondering why they would do that. My Gemaco's don't have the security ink.