Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: My thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks einbert. That was a great post. I owe you a beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I really can't wait to get out to Vegas one day and meet many of you guys. I'm only 19 right now but I do plan on doing that as soon as possible.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: SO how long have you been playing 10/20 or lower?

[ QUOTE ]

IT's a real study in life, one of things i enjoy. We all know how frustrating the game can be. Last night (granted, it was 4am at the time and we have been going 15 hours or so, a young guy about 23 or so sped away from the table and it was obvious he was about to cry. I mind my own business but I wanted to tell the kid, and not to be an ass but cause I felt sorry for him (would still bust him out, dont' get me wrong) that he might wanna do somehting a little less stessful for him, ya know.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably needs to find a new hobby. Not to be rude..
Old 11-17-2005, 06:05 PM

When you do take a shot it is probably best to be very strict about it. It is difficult though. When I took a shot at 30/60 I told myself that I would stop playing it if I lost 80BB. Well it took me a long to time to lose that 80BB and by that time I was so convinced that I could beat that game that I kept going and lost another 120BB. Luckily I won enough at the lower limits during that time to cover my losses.

I think the only way for me to improve is to challenge myself. Sometimes you have to lose money when you challenge yourself either because you run bad or play bad. Sometimes you are capable of playing good enough to beat a certain game, but you are not capable of playing at your best enough of the time (A big problem for me).

So I think you should continue to take shots, but don't do it in a way that will make you miserable. I don't regret taking that shot, but I do regret not keeping the agreement I made with myself.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you get up into the 15/30 and above range I think it's time to stop playing Limit poker and focus on NL poker. Like people have posted, anyone playing at 15/30 or above knows what they are doing. You won't find too many degenerate gamblers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just want to point out that this is not true at all.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which is not to say that I am smacking them around and about to start making Bicyclekick style posts about how I destroy games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead you're going to make posts about how you really aren't very good and aren't going to be able to beat the higher games and take another shot at me.

I really don't get why you have so much hostility towards me...but that must be how people do it up in lindstrom.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:52 PM

I've been playing for about 9months at 2c/4c and play 5/10 now. My rise has been going a little slower lately due to a combination of games get much harder and the size higher stakes hard to ignore.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't think things are necessarily bad. It is just that when I first started 5/10 full and then 5/10 short, now 10/20 full. I just get the feeling I am not too far ahead of the "raging horde".

Now at the 5/10 levels, I feel I have a sufficient edge. Which is not to say that I am smacking them around and about to start making Bicyclekick style posts about how I destroy games. But yes comfortable at 5/10.

However through my first 5,000-7,000 hands at 10/20, I really don't see/feel a very comfortable edge at this point. Even moreso than I did starting 5/10, except it is more pronounced.

I realise that I will continue to adjust. But my mind is on the higher levels as well. When I look at how much effort/thought I had to put into 5/10 and now seeing that I have my work cut out for me at 10/20. I just wonder how many more times I can pull off the level jumping thing.

It just seems for some people these transitions are reltively effortless. The fact that I have to work so hard to do it makes me wonder if I have some inherent defect when it comes to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flair, for what it's worth your PT stats look pretty good from the times I've played against you. Come to think of it, everyone's stats look good when they play against me. Maybe you just need to find more fish like me!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is not to say that I am smacking them around and about to start making Bicyclekick style posts about how I destroy games.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead you're going to make posts about how you really aren't very good and aren't going to be able to beat the higher games and take another shot at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No hostility here. And I doubt thats what he the poster meant.

This is a good thread.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

No hostility here. And I doubt thats what he the poster meant.

This is a good thread.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah this isn't the first time he's taken a jab at me. You may not mean anything, he does.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:55 PM

I've been playing since august 2004. I was multitabling .5/1 and 1/2 for up until five months ago. Then I played 2/4 and adjusted to it pretty quickly. I was doing very well, so I got arrogant and moved up to 5/10 after making a brief stopover at 3/6. I lost most of my bankroll at 5/10. Then I played 3/6 6max and lost even more. Then I moved back to 2/4 and ran bad...

Now I'm back to multitabling 1/2 which is very depressing. I suppose things like this build character. Meh, I'd rather have my bankroll back. As stressful as all of this can be, I still prefer poker to working some crummy part-time student job.

Best,
Snowball