Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 08:04 PM

Default i\'ll NEVER try blackjack online again!

i've read a few posts here and probably over a thousand posts over at bonuswhoring.com saying how easy it is to win money online playing blackjack.

i finally decided i'm ready to give it a go. i loaded up the blackjack strategy guide - so i know when to hit or stand. i was ALMOST about to deposit $200 but thank god, i practiced first with play money! after about an hour, i've lost close to $175 (play money) already! in poker playing the .50/1 table, i'd lose that much in about at least one week. while playing blackjack, i lost the same amount in 60 minutes.

i guess i'm sticking to poker this time...
Old 12-10-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Re: i\'ll NEVER try blackjack online again!

It is easy, but the variance can be killer at times. When you get a big enough bankroll I suggest you try it.

melch
Old 12-10-2005, 08:29 PM

Try counting cards! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 09:28 PM

If you can't stomach the swings of online blackjack, you should quit poker. Online blackjack bonuses are safer (and faster).
Old 12-10-2005, 10:13 PM

the ONLY way you can win at blackjack is by doubling your bet once you lose, thus never being in the negative! BULLETPROOF!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:52 PM

The only way to beat online blackjack is if you are clearing a bonus. Since you don't get a play money bonus, you were supposed to lose.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the ONLY way you can win at blackjack is by doubling your bet once you lose, thus never being in the negative! BULLETPROOF!

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really not want this guy's money in the poker marketplace? I know you're joking, but I'm afraid it might be construed as serious.

OP - do not play online blackjack unless you're clearing bonuses. Play poker, at least there if you improve your skills you have the possibility of winning long-term.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only way to beat online blackjack is if you are clearing a bonus. Since you don't get a play money bonus, you were supposed to lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isn't the first time i've heard about this. someone also told me that, although he has no proof, he suspects that practice mode is VERY different compared to playing using real money.

i don't know... i really want to do good at blackjack whoring because almost everyone says how easy it is. it's not that i'm scared of losing money. i'm just scared to lose it that quickly!

[ QUOTE ]
OP - do not play online blackjack unless you're clearing bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

so should i give it another go but this time, playing with REAL money instead? i'm thinking "Yes" and start betting just $1...
Old 12-11-2005, 09:25 AM

I actually played around with the plausibility of this strategy. Even if you avoid that not-so-insignificant chance of busting out, your hourly winrate would still be pathetic compared to a poker one unless you were betting very large to begin with (and increasing your chances of going broke). Of course, if you had unlimited credit...
Old 12-11-2005, 10:31 AM

WTF, you lost $175? That doesn't sound right. Legitimate blackjack games have a variance of 0.