Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 10:06 AM

Default $22 SnG: Blind Battle (Scuba lessons)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 (t930)
MP2 (t715)
CO (t2680)
Button (t955)
Hero (t920)
BB (t810)
UTG (t990)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
5 folds, Hero raises to t150</font>, BB calls t100.

Flop: (t300) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB bets t175</font>, Hero is all in!

Like, dislike, standard?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: $22 SnG: Blind Battle (Scuba lessons)

Maybe I am a coward but with three overcards on the flop I'd fold this pretty quickly...
Old 12-21-2005, 10:23 AM

Wow...uh, first of all I'm going to eliminate "standard" as an option. Like 110% not standard.

Why'd you check to him? Do you think he's some sneaky player that will only bet non-pair hands? That's a hell of a read that I'm guessing you don't really have.

Just bet the flop if you want. It probably missed him, and you can lead out like 175 or something and he'll probably fold. But here you decided to give up the hand..so give it up.

This is just really ugly, imo. Makes my head hurt this late in the morning.

edit: This is a totally serious question. wtf were you thinking? I'd like to know the thought process that led you to check it to him and then push..
Old 12-21-2005, 10:24 AM

It's different, I will give you that.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:26 AM

Im sure the guy folded or else you wouldnt have posted this but its still awful.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:40 AM

lead flop 1/2 pot. fold to aggression. 22 unfortunately isn't terribly strong, but then again a hand that he'd have called a pf raise with may not have fared so well on this board. then again you could be pwned. that's why you lead to find out. more often then not, villain just folds after whiffing on flop.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf were you thinking? I'd like to know the thought process that led you to check it to him and then push..

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I was going to preface this post by saying "Scuba you're killing me w/ the blind battle posts" obviously this is not something I'd normally pull off. My thought process was that I showed strength preflop w/ a solid raise and was going to play the hand as if I actually held AA, KK, AQ, etc. In that situation, I sometimes check-raise if I'm real strong. He took a while to bet, the only way he calls is if he has a Queen. Again, this is an aberration or else I woudln't have posted it. Thanks for your comments fellas.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:12 AM

Villain has put almost half his stack in the pot at this point. I don't think he folds.

I also don't like the size of his bet. Depending on the player, most won't fire over half the pot on a stone bluff.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:14 PM

Why not wait until BB is 100 before attacking?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:40 PM

Why even ask this question? It is reads-based 100%. Unless you have shown a tight image and have reason to believe BB will fold small Q's+2nd and 3rd pair, there is no reason to make this play - why mess with BB out of position preflop?

If there is specific info on him and you decide to mess, lead the flop. Check-raising is horrid b.c you committ your opponent while holding a very weak hand.

Useless post though w/o specifications - If there are no reads, you don't mess.