Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: Everyday Dick Moves

crop duster seems pretty standard here
Old 12-09-2005, 01:09 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that everyone knows the guy in the front of the line has first dibs, but he doesn't always want to switch, so how long do you give him? If I'm second in line I'm always torn between not wanting to screw the guy in front but not waiting too long to claim my spot either.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never move as the guy in front of you. Too many savages don't accept my claim of dibs, and I end up losing my place in both lines. It's quite a bind.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:11 PM

Grocery store thing: When I'm at the back of the line if nobody makes a move for a couple seconds I'm there. Any longer and someone who wasn't even in the line will be there.

I don't agree with making one line/multiple cashiers tho. Some people like to gamble on their line! I pride myself on being pretty good at this. Sad, really.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kay this keeps coming up, and wikipedia talks about crop spraying... spill the beans to a n00b in this subject, willja?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:18 PM

Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

A temporary construction sign says lane closed ahead and people wait until the last second to get over, this is pretty much the cause of any construction traffic, and then when it gets really backed up people race down the open lane and try to get over, i never let these [censored] over.

Also when someone is trying to get over in the everyday situation and i use the stare ahead and act like i dont see them, its great.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I'm in-lane and fairly close to the merge point, I'll drift over a little so that my car is now partially blocking the outside emergency lane, so that no one can race up the side and try to cut in right at the end.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Driving:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan of the reverse dick moves...

Also in traffic if there are jerks driving by on the shoulder and I'm in the right lane I'll move my car half way onto the shoulder so they cant wizz by. There's really no reason for this except vindictiveness...I should stop that...
Old 12-09-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I always race past everyone, because even though most people don't want to let you in you can always find a sucker.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Im driving to work on a 45 mph, four lane, semi urban/industrial road. I am in the right lane and I see a tractor trailer making a right. I switch lanes and at no time do I drop below 45, but I make a pickup going about 55 pump his brakes a bit (keep in mind there was a row of traffic stopped infront of me for the big rig).

So I speed up and up to 65 and this guy is still completely in my trunk. I see a red light ahead, slow down and he zooms past me and pulls infront of me just to get to the light before I do.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kay this keeps coming up, and wikipedia talks about crop spraying... spill the beans to a n00b in this subject, willja?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the event that occurs in OP's #2.