Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A10s MP
Fold 4 28.57%
Call 4 28.57%
Raise 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2005, 01:31 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: so what do I do about this girl?

my impression from this is largely based on reality television, i think. every time 'hook up' is mentioned between cast members, it specifically means 'they had sex'.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It might be regional because in NJ when you say 'hooking up' it usually means specifically less than sex, so if someone says 'I hooked up with her' you know that no sex was involved. If sex was involved then you need to say something like 'banged' or 'nailed'.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true for me as well. Usually, 'hooked up' means specifically, 'made out with' and little else. I'm from PA, and I haven't even known of the alternative meaning until very recently.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:34 PM

Generally when a friend tells me simply that he hooked up (were in our late 20's), it means he went to a bar and there was some kissing and groping, and little else.

To the OP, I ask for a little more info:

Are you simply asking whether or not it's worth your time to get laid by this girl? Your posting it here tells me I already know the answer to that, though. Also, what about her is painfully annoying? Calling you all the time is something they all do, and it's always annoying, unless every call is her telling you to come over and stuff her.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:27 PM

how do you find her painfully annoying yet fun to hang out with?
Old 12-14-2005, 11:31 PM

Ok, I know quite a bit about this [censored].
Use the chick to get other chicks. When you're in a relationship, you're hot to most college skanks.

Slowly pull away from the girl in question. This will either a: make her jealous enough to give it up or b: redefine new boundaries for your friendship.

Be desireless
Be excellent
Be gone

Don't burn bridges, ie be an [censored] to said girl. She seemed like good friend/hook-up material when you guys saw each other less. She just isn't miss wonderful for being around all the time. Move your friendship to that better balance of hanging out some, but not all the time.

Don't get trapped into one-itis. College is the best opportunity of your life. I dated a girl for 15 months or so while at school and it was such a [censored] waste compared to the rest of the time even with that ladyfriend being quite cool.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:37 AM

I think I'm going to suggest a "Wank about girl problems" space in the Forum Suggestions. About every 10th thread is one of these.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:43 AM

Stay with her for a little while. Make her think that she is in love with you and you will be able to bang her pretty soon. A lot of girls decide thatfreshman year of college is finally time to give it up. Then dump her. This achieves two things:
1) you get laid
2) you will look more attractive to other girls because you had a girlfriend, enabling you to upgrade
Old 12-15-2005, 12:44 AM

So you're with a girl that:

a) You don't like
b) Doesn't put out
c) Is not exceptionally hot

And you need to ask what to do?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:50 AM

Is this a joke or are you just dense. You find her annoying and she doesn't put out, but you wonder what to do. Go ask one of the Jap girls if they find you annoying or just offensive.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke or are you just dense. You find her annoying and she doesn't put out, but you wonder what to do. Go ask one of the Jap girls if they find you annoying or just offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure he is referring to J.A.P.'s (Jewish American Princess) and not Japanese girls.