Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: AK and I never raise

[ QUOTE ]
Giving free cards with tptk is bad, you're not even heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what it's worth, since UTG is betting, Hero isn't really giving free cards, exactly.

On that board, if Hero is ahead (and he probably is), it seems unlikely to me that BB has the odds to call even one bet on the turn, let alone two.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 PM

your lines not bad. Sometimes calling can be profitable, but you gotta raise that river, he will call it.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:24 PM

if you were villain, would you bet this river without the Ace is my question. and if raised, what would you do if you had KK-JJ? just curious because i think unless villain has the Ace, betting that river is a bad idea- anyone agree?

if i was villain and had kk or something, i'd be so pissed at you for "not defining" your hand as others around here love to do. but good deception.

preflop is interesting and you missed a lot pre/postflop if UTG had a weaker Ace, but probably the same if he didn't. cold calling on the button is interesting and my first obvious thought was to 3-bet, but after thinking about it, it is an interesting play especially if UTG is aggressive and the blinds are semi-tight.

if the Ace hadn't come on the flop, what would you have done? replace it with a 5.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:25 PM

Why don't you raise somewhere?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poor

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2005, 03:38 PM

this sort of thing drives me nuts.

are you trying to save him money?
Old 10-27-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you were villain, would you bet this river without the Ace is my question. and if raised, what would you do if you had KK-JJ? just curious because i think unless villain has the Ace, betting that river is a bad idea- anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I do think villian would probably bet KK or QQ here. Do you think we (hero) should raise the river?
I think villian will call with his KK or his AQ.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I do think villian would probably bet KK or QQ here. Do you think we (hero) should raise the river?
I think villian will call with his KK or his AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

it depends on my read of you really, but suffice to say honestly i probably would pay it off with AQ, KK-JJ. it would also depend on my read of you whether i'd bet this river again (and whether i'm on tilt) but i figure any hand calling that turn would either be a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] draw, the Ace, or a set of 8s.

so reads is everything for me here on the river whether i bet/call, bet/fold, or check/call but i probably would rarely if ever check/fold if i had KK-JJ.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it depends on my read of you really, but suffice to say honestly i probably would pay it off with AQ, KK-JJ. it would also depend on my read of you whether i'd bet this river again (and whether i'm on tilt) but i figure any hand calling that turn would either be a draw, the Ace, or a set of 8s.

so reads is everything for me here on the river whether i bet/call, bet/fold, or check/call but i probably would rarely if ever check/fold if i had KK-JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

so a river raise here is good by hero based on teh way this hand played out, agree?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poo

[/ QUOTE ]