Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 03:44 PM

Default KK hand $600 NL

Pacific Poker 3/6. I have about $700
In BB w/ KK 3 limpers..I make it $35 more($41 to go). UTG(has me covered and seems like a pretty god player) min raises me $35 more.. Everyone folds back to me. It sure feels like AA.

What would you do pre-flop here?

Part 2
I called and flop was 10 8 3 2 spades.
What do you do now?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: KK hand $600 NL

A similar hand was posted the other day. If it is me, and you have a read on the player as pretty solid, I would check, and raise if his bet is under $100 or so. I think you can fold to a push at that point. I don't think this is a hand you can just give up to a bet on the flop, so I may go into check-call mode, which is TERRIBLY weak/passive. I will say, however, that at the $600 level, I have seen people limp-reraise with big suited Aces, TT-QQ, etc. I think you are ahead here more than 50% of the time.

RakeWarrior
Old 07-31-2005, 04:47 PM

In my experience, at 2/4, 3/6, this minraise is AA 85% of the time...assuming a typical opponent...
Old 07-31-2005, 04:58 PM

I like the preflop call. Then on flop I would make a decision. If you think he has AA fold. If not, find the best way to get the $ in. Stacks are not deep enough to get away from it if you checkraise.

I think he has AA
Old 07-31-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the preflop call. Then on flop I would make a decision. If you think he has AA fold. If not, find the best way to get the $ in. Stacks are not deep enough to get away from it if you checkraise.

I think he has AA

[/ QUOTE ]

I think check-raising a $75-90 bet to $220 or so and folding to a push has some merit. Saves $400 or so against AA, and pretty well defines your over-pair to anything but AA.

RakeWarrior