Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: AJ turn decision

[ QUOTE ]
sorry admiral it's not a [censored] joke im just trying to give some good advice and PROTECT PEOPLE FROM TAKING BAD ADVICE, WHICH IS WHAT YOU GAVE HIM, BAD ADVICE. your thinking is totally wrong and makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean you did end up beating a fat girl up a hill?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
really the play here is to check and fold to a bet. there is no way on God's green earth your hand is good right now. He wouldn't raise you on the flop WITHOUT AT LEAST A QUEEN so you hitting your jack is only cause for you to lose more money. really the play was to fold on the flop when you got raised i think, saves alot of heartache and money, and you are really only drawing to 3 outs (the aces) so pot odds wern't even there to call the raise. but what the [censored] do i know i can't beat a fat girl up a hill

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrid, weak-tight advice. A LAG in this situation would be raising anything from top set to Ace-High. Odds are he picked up a draw or is raising bottom/mid pair.

I check/call the turn here. The times he has a queen are much less than the times he will have a smaller pair.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A LAG in this situation would be raising anything from top set to 4 -High

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
poker opus i think this guy is totally wrong whoever posted thatthat sounds like the worst thing to do. check fold the turn 100% for the reasons i mentioned earlier. but remember,,, folding the flop to a raise was the best idea. remember, he cold called your raise before the flop AND raised you on the flop when a queen came out. its screaming somehting like KQ or QJ whatever it is, it's definalty a queen, you can't win unless you get more lucky than the pot is giving you so fold FOLD don't take that guys advice.

also what do these nuymbers mean???
Button is a 75/25 and rather aggresive. SB is 75/7 and passive postflop.?????????

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me feel better about the fish supply for the upcoming years.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:24 PM

Rather that chewing out a new poster, maybe we could continue with the discussion of the hand?

Due to the aggressiveness of the button, and the relative ammount of hands that both play, folding here would be in my mind out of the question.

I prefer the line of bet out here. Check calling is weak here, however it does get you the best odds to continue. But since the button plays 75% of his hand, we are probably ahead here at least 50% of the time.

I would bet out and call any raise from the button. If the SB comes along we will still have odds to draw to 5 outs.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rather that chewing out a new poster, maybe we could continue with the discussion of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read his posts? I seriously couldnt help myself.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:48 PM

If he did have a Q, why wouldn't he wait till the turn to raise to get more bets in? For all we know he could be raising with a inside straight draw or and 8 with a mediocre to high kicker and trying to get some free cards.