Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Rose Bowl Champs

I don't see them passing Texas in the human polls. Texas will not lose before the Rose Bowl. My only concern is neither VT or Texas in the Rose Bowl.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see them passing Texas in the human polls. Texas will not lose before the Rose Bowl. My only concern is neither VT or Texas in the Rose Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the bet, VT would pass USC in the BCS rankings if they beat Miami and FSU, and I don't see Texas slipping up, PLUS the fact that USC's wins diminish in stature each week, ASU, Hawaii, they better hope ND runs the table.

I think there's a solid chance USC does not go undefeated. Greater than 40%.

Naj
Old 10-25-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can take Texas +300, and VT +1150.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this still available? I see Texas around +220. Where is it +300?

I am considering hedging on USC, since I was able to take them pre-season at +175. Good idea, or let it ride?
Old 10-25-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the bet, VT would pass USC in the BCS rankings if they beat Miami and FSU, and I don't see Texas slipping up, PLUS the fact that USC's wins diminish in stature each week, ASU, Hawaii, they better hope ND runs the table.

Naj

[/ QUOTE ]

USC has 3 games left against top 25 teams. VT would not pass them in the BCS if both run the table.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can take Texas +300, and VT +1150.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this still available? I see Texas around +220. Where is it +300?

I am considering hedging on USC, since I was able to take them pre-season at +175. Good idea, or let it ride?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was futures trading. The price has gone up slightly, but I think someone was still willing to sell at 245 or so.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Naj

[/ QUOTE ]

USC has 3 games left against top 25 teams. VT would not pass them in the BCS if both run the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not where they are ranked *now* it's where they are ranked at the end of the year.
Miami and FSU will still be top 5 top 15 teams at end of year, UVa could climb back in it, Clemson will stop choking and finally win a few. The 3 teams USC plays will not all be in top 25 at year end, I think, and will be lower ranked than Mia and FSU.
It will come down to the computers, just like 2000. And you don't know what the hell they might do.

Naj
Old 10-26-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not where they are ranked *now* it's where they are ranked at the end of the year.
Miami and FSU will still be top 5 top 15 teams at end of year, UVa could climb back in it, Clemson will stop choking and finally win a few. The 3 teams USC plays will not all be in top 25 at year end, I think, and will be lower ranked than Mia and FSU.
It will come down to the computers, just like 2000. And you don't know what the hell they might do.

Naj

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, I meant VaTech has 3 games left against top 11 ranked teams, I totally forgot about BC this week.
USC has one game against current top 13 or so.

Of course, it depends more on where they finish. But if VaTech runs the table, man will it be close. SE voters will be hardpressed not to recognize them.

Naj