Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: gharp\'s hand vs. me

Erm, do you see the problem with calling off all your chips with AJo in that spot.

And I'm not afraid to take gambles like that preflop early on. Feel free to disagree.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: gharp\'s hand vs. me

[ QUOTE ]
Erm, do you see the problem with calling off all your chips with AJo in that spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im pretty sure I never implied that I liked his play. I think you've missed the point.

Im saying that, with that hand, you are only likely to get all the chips in when you are a fav. vs his hand on flops like: A33, AT3, and the one you got.

Getting those flops are very very very rare. And on only two of those 3 are you a significant fav.

The play might be correct if you feel you have a very significant postflop playing advantave (even OOP) vs this player. I have my doubts given that it appears you are both posters here. (And I feel you think that this hand in particular was enough to show your vast postflop edge, but I disagee pretty strongly).

Finally, I don't think it is a coincidence that every person who commented on preflop didnt like it. Its not like this is being hotly debated or anything.

EDIT: also: The "take a flyer and try to hit a flop" gameplan is better vs more than 1 opponent