Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 04:31 PM

Default Re: some questions

[ QUOTE ]

Wordy sentences do not a double negative make.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but applying a negative to a clause containing a negative does a double negative make.

JBB's sentence was confusing not because of its wordiness but because it used "I don't think..." applied to "we should never".

If that's not a double negative then I don't know what is.

I do know what a double negative is because logic is my job.

Therefore, that is a double negative.

... and that was reductio ad absurdum, which is just beautifully ironic here IMO.

Guy.

P.S. Huge apologies to all for continuing this hijack of a very very important thread. Can I be forgiven on the ground that at least this post bumps the thread to the top?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:32 PM

IMO, you cannot get second pair to fold very often here. I think TT may even cling pretty hard as well. You could get folds out of 66, 88, or 99... (obvioulsy not 55 & 77). 66,88,99 may likely still be around hopeing you do not push them off the best hand with a turn bet... but likely do fold to turn bet.

How many ways can we make 66,88,99 verse the other likely holdings? or if we stay consistent with the range __1__ gave we are almost exclusively talking about wanting to make 88 and 99 fold. Seeing as we can't make open enders fold, really ATo (IMO)is the most interesting villain... who I think will fold to a turn bet.

Then KT & AT & JT may try to make a play at you if you check turn and river bricks... but I think more often than not they will hope for cheap showdown more so than takeing a stab (from my impression of this villain). However JTo would be just giving up. Hmm...JTo and KTo maybe more likely to lead river in this spot than AT or AK.

This just general rambling, but I probably prefer to check turn vs THIS player. I probably fold river too unimproved, but this is a tuff decision.

Against looser players, I prefer betting turn and checking behind on river.

If I were to check turn and hit an A or K on river...I just call... but I defintiely bet if checked to. If you did raise river, it would be an easy fold to 3bet.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Start a new topic in the f******* OOT forum if you want to grammar. This forum has officially become worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am sorry, that is too funny. you seem slightly irritable J, everything ok?
Old 05-17-2005, 04:39 PM

Arkady,

Just annoyed at idiots who are determined to hijack a perfectly good topic to chatter mindlessly about double-negatives. The days of Gonores, Peter_rus, Schneids, El Diablo, Stripsqueez, soda, Vehn, and meaningful discussion seem long ago.

___1___
Old 05-17-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This just general rambling, but I probably prefer to check turn vs THIS player. I probably fold river too unimproved, but this is a tuff decision.

Against looser players, I prefer betting turn and checking behind on river.

If I were to check turn and hit an A or K on river...I just call... but I defintiely bet if checked to. If you did raise river, it would be an easy fold to 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. Against looser players is really where the turn/river decision becomes more complicated.

___1___
Old 05-17-2005, 04:43 PM

Everyone here has to accept the fact that those days are gone. Can't bring those people back and have to work with what we have here. That being said, the people involved in the hijack are good posters overall and should be given a pardon this one time.

Besides J, who needs all those posters when I can look at your hands any time of the day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides J, who needs all those posters when I can look at your hands any time of the day

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what you are looking at seeking guidance, then you are in for one rude awakening!

___1___
Old 05-17-2005, 04:56 PM

no way, you are the one seeking guidance!

p.s. the irony of us hijacking is overwhelming at best.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. the irony of us hijacking is overwhelming at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really...

MAxx gave what I believe is the correct answer.

___1___
Old 05-17-2005, 05:02 PM

<-------- pwned