Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2004, 05:26 PM

Default 8-tabling / playing 2 party skins

Sorry if asked and answered already but I have searched to no avail. I use waiting lists to select my tables. When playing on more than one party skin I join waiting lists at both sites and open tables as seats become available. I was wondering if there is any way to alter the settings so that the boxes that pop up to alert me there is an open seat can correspond to a particular skin?

All of these pop up boxes are generic with a blue frame, and it is annoying and confusing when I am already playing 4 tables on one skin to select the seat only to have the notice pop up that I am already have four open tables at that skin (8-tabling can be hard for me). I just don't know at which skin the seat is open and would like to somehow differentiate each skin's "seat open" pop-up message, perphas by color. Amy hints or help, I am wary of messing around in the image file unsupervised (I have already had to re-install) and couldn't easily find anything when I looked there?

Thanks, J.R.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:42 PM

Default Re: 8-tabling / playing 2 party skins

You can change anything on the popup window but it requires and IDE such as visual studio.

I showed how I modified the SnG tournament over popup dialogue box so that I can't click NO. You could do the same for the seat available window and write big letters for which client it is - however messing with these files is a lot more dangerous than messing with the image files. If you mess something up party will give errors/stop running.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:27 PM

Thanks, a few follow-ups,

but it requires and IDE such as visual studio.

is this something I can/would get for this limited purpose?

however messing with these files is a lot more dangerous than messing with the image files. If you mess something up party will give errors/stop running

Couldn't I just uninstall/re-install the client if things go bad?
Old 12-13-2004, 09:00 PM

I wouldn't recommend buying VS unless you're a serious developer.

Yes you can re-install the party client if things go bad.

You might download Visual Basic Express and try and follow the steps I outlined on that page. It should be the same (I can't try it because I have visual studio 2002 on this machine and it doesn't like being on the same machine as the new express products) whether you're using VS.NET or VB Express. You'll just have to look in the folder and find the right dialogue box to edit.

Maybe someone else can give it a try.