Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Terror attack in London

My condolences to everyone affected. London is a great city in a great country.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How about this is in reply to the illegal war the US and the UK have initiated in Irak. Human cost 100,000 dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely naive too. They started this war and you are an idiot. That is all.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This has been one scary day and its not over yet....

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. BBC has just reported that it was a westbound Hammersmith & City line tube that was blown up at ten to nine.

Bit of a chill down my spine as I waited for that tube at Baker Street for a while before we were told there was a 'traction problem' and we should use the other lines.

I think it was the last carriage too, which is always where I get on as it's less crowded.

Weird sensation to feel 'thankful' that it went off before it got to me, but also know that it meant other people got killed who would have got off if it happended a few mins later.

Tragic day
Old 07-07-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know this isn't a popular view among the Chomsky disciples here on the board, i.e. we deserve it for being such meanies to the poor, poor, Islamists.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one thinks we deserve it. Please don't try to create division like this where there is none, especially not at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOBODY deserves this.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about this is in reply to the illegal war the US and the UK have initiated in Irak. Human cost 100,000 dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely naive too. They started this war and you are an idiot. That is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many people in the world have died because of the actions of the US... Unfortunately, Blair just licks Bush's ass... And the result is what we see today.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a very naive point of view... How about this is in reply to the illegal war the US and the UK have initiated in Irak. Human cost 100,000 dead.

I do not condone terrorism as a way to achieve anything... but you need to open your eyes and try to understand the real reasons behind such atrocities. They are in reply to atrocities committed by the West.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a circular argument, because you KNOW we're going to point to the previous atrocities committed by Islamics radicals to justify the action in Iraq.

So when does this stop? You know the major countries in the world are going to protect themselves. So by committing these acts against us the terrorists are guaranteeing an reaction that will give themselves an excuse for doing ANOTHER terrorist act. It is insane, and childish reasoning.

And what US and UK are doing in Iraq is not an atrocity. The Islamic radicals are the ones kidnapping, beheading, suicide bombing, etc. The US and UK (and many others) are freeing a country from an atrocious leader, who had well-known relations with global terrorism.

KO
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I do not condone terrorism as a way to achieve anything... but you need to open your eyes and try to understand the real reasons behind such atrocities. They are in reply to atrocities committed by the West.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, OK. Speaking of atrocities, you do know that Mohammed was married to a six-year old girl, don't you?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bit of a chill down my spine as I waited for that tube at Baker Street for a while before we were told there was a 'traction problem' and we should use the other lines.

I think it was the last carriage too, which is always where I get on as it's less crowded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I start work at 7.15am so this incident wouldn't necessarily affect me directly...i think it is tragic for the country as a whole...

So far, my checklist of friends is still good....but its a case of fingers crossed as I have friends scattered all over london.....

This attack has hit 2 of the busiest terminals in London (Liverpool Street & Kings Cross) and the financial district of London (ie.. Aldgate/Moorgate).......

Glad to hear that you had God on your side this morning...
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So many people in the world have died because of the actions of the US... Unfortunately, Blair just licks Bush's ass... And the result is what we see today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think people are dying because of the actions of some [censored] middle eastern lunatics. I'm not a fan of the Iraq fiasco, but blaming these attacks on US actions is silly.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That is a very naive point of view... How about this is in reply to the illegal war the US and the UK have initiated in Irak. Human cost 100,000 dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a circular argument, because you KNOW we're going to point to the previous atrocities committed by Islamics radicals to justify the action in Iraq.

So when does this stop? You know the major countries in the world are going to protect themselves. So by committing these acts against us the terrorists are guaranteeing an reaction that will give themselves an excuse for doing ANOTHER terrorist act. It is insane, and childish reasoning.

And what US and UK are doing in Iraq is not an atrocity. The Islamic radicals are the ones kidnapping, beheading, suicide bombing, etc. The US and UK (and many others) are freeing a country from an atrocious leader, who had well-known relations with global terrorism.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to remind you that no link between Iraq and Al-Quaida have been found. Moreover, action on Iraq was done because of the existance of weapons of mass destruction *cough* *cough*.

The attacks of 9/11 were a result of American foreign policies (inc. support of Israel)