Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2005, 01:46 AM

Default River fold?

I'm trying to make better river folds as lately I seem to be calling down everything and losing virtually everyone. This is my first hand at the table, so no reads at all.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP3 calls.

River: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, ...

All I can beat is a bluff or a weaker 6. Should I call anyway?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: River fold?

As played I think you are OK folding here, smallish pot, MP3s bet probably means he's got a Q, and your not closing the action.

I think I'd have taken the free card on the tun though!

Mat
Old 12-29-2005, 02:01 AM

Grunch.

Sadly, I'm raising that hand pre-flop. Trying to buy the button and fold out the blinds. Of course, I may be too aggro and played too much 6-max. The hand will definitely play differently.

On the end a laydown is most likely in order. A good player would, but since it's your first hand at the table, I'd call just to see what he limped, and what he stayed in with and how he played.

I'd fully expect to lose, but I'd like to know what he's limping so I know what to iso-raise on his ass from here on out.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 AM

I am closing the action as it's heads-up on the river. Does that change your decision?
Old 12-29-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am closing the action as it's heads-up on the river. Does that change your decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I'd probably call, I think it's more likely he'd bluff at an obvious scare card heads up than try to bluff 2 people! Especialy if I had taken the free card on the turn, that in itself is likely to induce a bluff from a hand we beat.

Mat
Old 12-29-2005, 02:28 AM

I wouldnt, the pot is small, chuck it.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:30 AM

I really hate to give a free card on that turn though with 2 diamonds on the board. My plan was to check the river behind, obviously my opponent didn't comply.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:03 AM

I would check the turn, and fold here. I don't see you winning often enough to call.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:19 AM

You aren't worried that you will get bluffed an awful lot on this river then? I'm last to act on all streets. If I bet the flop and check the turn through it looks like I was trying to buy the pot or I am on a flush draw.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:01 AM

I agree, you should call and pay for some info [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]