Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-16-2005, 06:02 AM

Default ... so I took my ball and went home - 88

5/10 6-max (6-handed)

Hero is cutoff with 88.

MP limps, Hero raises, SB and MP call. MP is 41/17 and plays about the same postflop except he's more into betting than raising. SB is a 62/10 pretty LAG postflop with heavy big street raising.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. They both call my bet.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and they check to me again. There are 4.75 BB in the pot and I decided to just give up. No more money unless I get another snowman.

Too weak? Or a realistic assessment of my winning chances?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:09 AM

Default Re: ... so I took my ball and went home - 88

I don't play anywhere near 5/10 yet but I think you are being realistic.

You raised preflop so an autobet was expected after they all checked to you. It is possible Hero is ahead but very vulnerable so I think the flop bet is a good semi-bluff / free card play. Turn misses (even though not really scary) but based on your reads I think check/fold UI is more than reasonable.

edit: p.s. - I LMFAO at the title of your post, nh!
Old 12-16-2005, 06:26 AM

i think i like. i also dont play 5/10.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:33 AM

I think this is way too weak.

There is a large chance you are still ahead, bet to charge flush draws/weak flop calls fold to a raise, check behind the river ui.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:48 AM

I agree w/ your play, only on occasion will it be someone donking a draw and such. But if they are the type to Tommy Angelo u, makes it hard to fold, usually. Even if they call your bet, hard to know where u are at. Also it sucks if they raise as well. Hard choice. Its either c/f or c/c on this turn, imo.

EDIT: when typing this I forgot that u were in last position here. My last comments were meant if u were OOP.

I played a hand a lot like this today, except I was in the sb and very tempted to check but did not.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (3 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Button has 9s Ac (one pair, aces).
Hero has 8h 8s (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Button wins 6 BB. </font>
Old 12-16-2005, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is way too weak.

There is a large chance you are still ahead, bet to charge flush draws/weak flop calls fold to a raise, check behind the river ui.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we could be ahead - but with a medium pocket pair with overcards on a two-tone turn board AND based on hero's reads (SB likes to raise big streets) I think the check is the better play. I don't think anything we beat folds to a bet here (after they both called the flop), there are 2 seperate potential flush draws on the board, and why fold to a raise here when you can see the river for free with a marginal holding?
Old 12-16-2005, 06:55 AM

nh. Eventhough a flush draw is out there you cant push this imo.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:17 AM

The chances that one of them has an Ace or Jack is pretty high. Plus, if they are calling that flop then they are calling the turn with whatever draw they might be on. So, if you aren't already behind (which I think you are) then you will have to dodge a gazillion river cards to take this down. I give up here, too.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 6-max (6-handed)

Hero is cutoff with 88.

MP limps, Hero raises, SB and MP call. MP is 41/17 and plays about the same postflop except he's more into betting than raising. SB is a 62/10 pretty LAG postflop with heavy big street raising.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. They both call my bet.

Turn is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and they check to me again. There are 4.75 BB in the pot and I decided to just give up. No more money unless I get another snowman.

Too weak? Or a realistic assessment of my winning chances?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been thinking about this recently and I think that one of my leaks is firing again on the turn against similar loose preflop opponents.

The chances of you being ahead at this stage is quite slim. The chances of you pushing someone off a better hand is precisely 0% with these type of opponents.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:26 AM

Sounds good to me.