Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Does anyone fold somewhere with overpair?

I never ever fold this even if I get checkraised. Is this a leak?

On the river I took a shot at him having two pair, which got counterfeited or him just trying to push me out with top pair. Comments please

UTG is 41/10/1.33 over 200 hands and a typical gambler

Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
Old 12-15-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Does anyone fold somewhere with overpair?

river wtf
Old 12-15-2005, 03:44 AM

Without the Ace of hearts, I recommend just calling the turn and check calling the river.

I see what you were trying to do on the river, but that turn raise can mean a flopped flush or a turned stright only slightly less often than 2 pair. And I think that a LAG will often raise his top two even on that river so your bet isn't risk free in the least, (nor is it necessary) and it only gains an extra two bets when he raises you with two pair. Though this will be the case between 10-50% of the time, it's not nearly enough to make a bet-call profitable. You do realize that anyone with top two or even just top pair is still betting this river?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that anyone with top two or even just top pair is still betting this river?

[/ QUOTE ]
key

this is something a lot of people don't think about with respect to river betting. if you really can't stand a raise, but you expect villain to bet all the hands you want him to only call with as well as those that he will raise with, there is no reason to bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:48 AM

c/c'ing the river is better.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:04 AM

On the turn raise I guess he could conceiveable have something like 9d8h and that could certainly be the type of hand that he might check-through on the river instead of calling your lead there.
Also T9 as you pointed out.
Maybe even AhKd or something.

but there are so many hands that he has where he's either not going to call anyway OR (more likely) where he's going to pop another raise on you that you aren't going to be happy to see.

He raised the turn for a reason...and the majority of those reasons say that you should just cross your fingers and call-down.
1.3 ag-factor (with VP-41) means he's probably not frequently getting TOO out of line post-flop.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:20 AM

I guess Iam to fond of my pocket aces most of the time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and times where I have laid down those are very rare (if any)

But besides from my perhaps stupid river bet there is no chance in hell that any of you would fold to his checkraise on the turn, right?
Old 12-15-2005, 08:44 AM

Low his AF and i may want to ditch on the turn.

I.e. 41/10/.7

but 1.33 AF and potential for 2pairs raising and just a lame ass bluff.. i think a call down is required.

C/C river.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that anyone with top two or even just top pair is still betting this river?

[/ QUOTE ]
key

this is something a lot of people don't think about with respect to river betting. if you really can't stand a raise, but you expect villain to bet all the hands you want him to only call with as well as those that he will raise with, there is no reason to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice miles
Old 12-15-2005, 12:26 PM

Check-call. The 3 on the river gives you a license to show down, not to value bet. I think he has a counterfeited 2 pair at least 10% of the time, but you're going to lose this hand often.

Tom