Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Software that will teach me how to play poker?

i hate reading a book. i learn by doing. that said, what's the best software for teaching the theory of poker. not what you do for a specific hand, but what to think of when opponent does this or that?

also what's the best software for teaching you common specific situations at low stakes games? ($1/$2 limit, $50 No limit, 30+3 SnG)

thx
Old 11-29-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Software that will teach me how to play poker?

i'd head over to your local torrent site and download an instructional video. as far as i know there are no programs that do what you are asking.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:26 PM

I cannot vouch for this software, I have only heard about it and not tried it myself. There is a free demo, so you can check it out for yourself. It's the only thing I can think of that may match what you are looking for.

http://www.deepnettech.com/poker.shtml
Old 11-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Try Poker Academy Pro 2.0. Its a solid program that probably goes more in depth than you are looking for. They have two versions of it, Holdem and Pro. I use the pro to track how I am playing and tweak my game. Pro is $129, Holdem is $29. It has a hand advisor built in that will tell you when to call, raise or fold with percentages for each action. I like it and it helps me since I can play alot of hands in a very short time.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:28 PM

does poker academy have a setting for skill level of opponents.

ie: at 50+5 SnG, most of them are between donks and avg.

at $200+15, most of them have a good chance of making ITM at WSOP

i would not expect to see a Fossilman skill level player at the 50+5.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot vouch for this software, I have only heard about it and not tried it myself. There is a free demo, so you can check it out for yourself. It's the only thing I can think of that may match what you are looking for.

http://www.deepnettech.com/poker.shtml

[/ QUOTE ]

This program will very much do what you ask. I have not experienced any problems with it. The authors are responsive to issues.

I have Poker Academy Pro too which also is an excellent program, but the above program comes closer to teaching.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:29 AM

Poker Academy has a ton of playing styles to choose from, like the LAGs to the Uber TAGs and every thing in between. You can also select the type of buy-in you want to play from the $5 SNG to the $10k Main Event w 6000 players plus Ring games Limit, Pot Limit and NL. It has tutorials on it as well, havent used them though. Like it was said, Cream of the Crop.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:47 AM

Hello Folks:

I'm the author 'Poker Drill Master' (PDM), the new poker training program noted in this post. I would be happy to answer questions anyone has about the program, either offline or in this forum. I'll confirm what has been posted though: the program is 100% function shareware, and free to tryout. No adware, spyware, affiliate connections, etc.

I like Poker Academy and Bob Wilson's TTH programs as well... they are good, and I recommend them too. But, they are VERY different training tools from PDM. You do not play poker in PDM... it's more like 'flashcards' with constructed games where you answer questions about pot odds and equity. This process is fast, and quickly builds your skills to access games and make good decisions. PDM also includes a blindingly fast poker calculator, with very detailed reports.

Dan Pronovost
www.PokerDrillMaster.com
dan@deepnettech.com
Old 11-30-2005, 10:58 AM

deepnet

just tried it. dont understand how you get 43.89% chance of winning if you have 66, and the board is 4 overcards and he's betting into you?!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'd head over to your local torrent site and download an instructional video. as far as i know there are no programs that do what you are asking.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously i am incorrect [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]