Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-24-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: Stats for Fun - 10k hands @ 4 tables.

[ QUOTE ]
isnt his fold to river bet way too high? either your calling too many turns or folding way too many winners at the river. supposed to be like 37 or something but its in the 50's!

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to get my Folded to River Bet down also. It is 51%. Can I use any of the other stats to try to narrow down the problem? Like am I going to the River too much in the first place etc. If so, which stats would those be and what kind of number ranges would I be looking for?
Old 12-24-2005, 06:52 AM

all of these stats are so interconnected

let me tell you a story about an overly agressive little tag hero that never smooth calls, he just bets and bets and raises and raises some more. the villain who weathers this storm and has the balls to bet the river probably has hero SMOKED most of the time, and hero is probably right to be folding a lot
Old 12-24-2005, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isnt his fold to river bet way too high? either your calling too many turns or folding way too many winners at the river. supposed to be like 37 or something but its in the 50's!

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to get my Folded to River Bet down also. It is 51%. Can I use any of the other stats to try to narrow down the problem? Like am I going to the River too much in the first place etc. If so, which stats would those be and what kind of number ranges would I be looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this occurs mostly in these type of hands.
You raise AJ and a loose and passive moron calls you. Flop misses you, he checks, you bet, he doesnt fold. Turn is a brick and you check behind the moron because he folds to a turn bet like 1 out of 20 times. River is another brick and you get the donk bet. I fold these kind of situations way too often. Ít's not like we are folding top pairs or when we have a hand. It's when we don't have a hand that we fold the best hand. I'd guess in order to bring that number down, we have to call down more with showdown value hands like K9+ mostly when it's HU.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I'm having the same problem and it's been a pain for me to figure out how to lower it mainly because I don't see how I can. However, I have found some ways to figure out the problem. A good way to try to determine where your mistakes are is to take a details page of a very strong winning player and compare the flop/turn/river -> check/bet/raise/fold %'s for each street. Through these stats you can, for example, see if maybe your calling to many turns. What this could mean is perhaps you're not raising the turn enough to try to get a free showdown. etc.

Tell me if you figure it out.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:25 AM

Higher VPIP isnt too great because of the rake, I think it maxes out at about 25/18.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I notice my c/r is low, I think I need to understand when to use c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your check/raise at 1.35 is in the right ballpark. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. Mine is about the same at 1.32%.

There is some difference in where I checkraise compared to you though.

I c/r more on the flop (66% to your 59%), less on the turn (30% to your 34%), and more on the river (8% to your 4%). I don't know how thats supposed to break down, but I've been making an effort to increase my c/rs lately and I've been focusing on doing it on the flop mostly. When you c/r the flop, you don't usually get to do it again on the turn. I'm not sure where my river c/rs are coming from. Maybe if I don't c/r the turn as much I get more chances to do it on the river.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can I be less aggressive? Therapy? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

True

[/ QUOTE ]

Go get a coach.

Krishan