Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-20-2005, 03:59 AM

Default Re: December VIP offers anyone?

[ QUOTE ]
This is good enough for me to wait out the month.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like bait-n-switch to me. I expect that party isn't paying out because they don't have to to keep you guys. "We promise, just keep playing and we'll have something for you later." They'll keep stringing people along as long as you keep playing.

Except to the extent that sharks keep games going, I think Party loses by having us play there. Any money we pull out of the game means the fish go broke faster, which means Party takes less rake. I honestly don't think Party has an interest in keeping us around.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am i alone here in think that this is absolute junk?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not alone. Party sucks and I'm moving to stars next year.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:07 AM

If they indeed do a cruise promotion, I will go on an ADSHOC for as many days as is necessary. 10 tabling the $10/20 6max is no problem for me and I'd probably earn a crapload in the time to make it worth it anyways.

I gotta email these idiots again to add me to the program, though I'm not sure what program even exists at this point.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You are not alone. Party sucks and I'm moving to stars next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been playing on Ultimate Bet.

They have excellent software. It's faster than Party, and I thought Party was fast. I usually get at least 80-90 hands per hour in at UB.

They have a beter rake structure than Party.

It's actually a better deal.

The only negative is the game selection. But once the day gets going I'm able to get 3 tables up.

If more people switched to Ultimate Bet, I would be able to get my 4 to 6 tables up.

Euro Bet software sticks, rake structure stinks.
PokerStars, no rakeback. Even with their "new" VIP program, their not gonna give us cash rakeback.
Paradise, no rakeback, limited games selection.
And all the others have below average software,no rakeback, and/or terrible game selection.

So Ultimate Bet is the best choice for me. I would just like more people to start playing there.

blue_water
Old 12-20-2005, 09:36 AM

Lattest emails i received.

The VIP offer for December will be a points-for-cruise deal.

Earn x points and redeem them for a PartyPoker.com Million V cruise package.

More information will come out this week.

The VIP offer will change from month to month, and it will not always be a points-for-cash or hands-for-cash offer.

Thank you,

Daniel Wexler

Promotions Manager

Party Gaming

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for contacting us.

First of all I would like to express my appreciation for your patience.

I have to admit that the information that was sent out to you is very contradicting and I would like to apologize for that once again.

Please note that the information I sent out to you in my earlier e-mail today still stands. I am very sorry that this month we don't have a bonus offer for you similar to the one last month.

I have forwarded your concern to our management. They will look into it and decide on the best course of action.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Wouterv
Party Poker VIP Club
Customer Care
Old 12-22-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If more people switched to Ultimate Bet, I would be able to get my 4 to 6 tables up.

Euro Bet software sticks, rake structure stinks.
PokerStars, no rakeback. Even with their "new" VIP program, their not gonna give us cash rakeback.
Paradise, no rakeback, limited games selection.
And all the others have below average software,no rakeback, and/or terrible game selection.

So Ultimate Bet is the best choice for me. I would just like more people to start playing there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to try UB next. I will probably try some of the other sites later in the year. The main problem is that only Party seems to have enough tables at the limits I want to play. Perhaps I would be able to play multiple sites to get enough tables.

Party may still wind up being the most profitable place for me to play (especially if I move up in limits), but I hate the idea that my entire income depends on the whims of one such company. At least if I can prove to myself that other sites are viable for me, this will alleviate those concerns. Of course if Party had never cut off the skins I wouldn't even be considering giving some of my play to other sites.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:13 AM

yeah thats where i am stuck right now. Party has continually lied to me and been decieptful and does not deserve any of my business. That being said I have a hard time finding tables in quantity at other sites which are so easily beatable.

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't
Old 12-22-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If they indeed do a cruise promotion, I will go on an ADSHOC for as many days as is necessary. 10 tabling the $10/20 6max is no problem for me and I'd probably earn a crapload in the time to make it worth it anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta love that 18 year old confidence at work.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:01 PM

let me guess... no vip offer by Dec 21, like someone posted when he spoke to VIP?
Old 12-23-2005, 12:23 AM

nope, other then that [censored] party points thing to get into a free roll for the cruise