Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Final Table...what\'s your move?

I think pushing is the worst move. You don't need to bet that much to get a fold and if you are called you are behind with a drawing hand that is only 3 to 1 to complete.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:43 PM

I pushed all in. My reasoning was the villian would of bet more with any decent hand. I assumed he was just trying to cheaply buy the pot and possibly was on a fluh draw. I thought there was a good chance he folds and if not I have a bunch of outs.

Unfortunately villain calls with K 7 suited (same suit as my hand). Our flush hits on the turn and I'm knocked out. When I looked up the odds after the hand...I had about a 50% chance to win.

After reading over the replys I'm still leaning to pushing on the flop. But just calling and raising to T40000 are interesting. Obviously if I called all the money goes in on the turn anyways but the raise to T40000 might of allowed me to fold if he went all in.

I read on here how in big tourneys you really should be playing to win. After your replys I see there's no point just to fold this hand and hope the small stacks bust before me. Thanks for the replys...helps a lot.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:48 PM

I would most likely push. I want to make a substantial raise in this spot, but any raise is such a significant amount of my stack so I just push. You only have about 10BB, and there is about 90K in the pot, so it will be a good win. If you are called, you have a lot of outs.

The problem with a smaller raise is when you get called. If you dont make your hand on the turn, then you are left with having to play OOP. Pushing presents you with a chance to win the hand right now, and a chance to win a big pot if you are called. Doubling up here will give you a much better chance to win this thing than just to be satisfied with moving up a couple of spots. Just my two cents.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think pushing is the worst move. You don't need to bet that much to get a fold and if you are called you are behind with a drawing hand that is only 3 to 1 to complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are behind a set, two pair, AdKd. You are ahead of top pair and Kd7d which called.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:58 PM

Does anyone open push the flop? This would be about 3x the pot, so it's not an absurd overbet. It kind of screams flush draw, but with the middle pair, Hero doesn't hate a call from a naked A. Check-raising risks pricing a lot of hands, including Villain's, into a call. Villain found a call with just a draw here, and that was after a cowardly bet; if he had bet 1/2-2/3 of the pot, it's even more unlikely he'd fold to a check-raise all-in. Even calling with A and a weak kicker could be a tough decision for some, though probably not for the CO, given his stack.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:04 PM

Re-raise it here. It will make him think twice. I would throw in around 60K here in a re-raise. If he pushes, it's an easy fold.

Ok, after seeing your result in this one I am even more thinking the raise would been the right decision instead. If he pushes you will come out way more cheaply than if you are drawing dead here (which you wherent but still). If he would have called, that's just tough luck there on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would have re-raised, fold to a push.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:08 PM

Why are you folding to a push here? You have odds to call against whatever he has, and your hand is probably the best hand. I raise for value here.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:10 PM

It's virtually impossible to know where you are at the turn, but at the flop you are ahead.

You probably could have folded into 6th-7th with 9XBB left, for about $470, so you risked about $250 to get a big finish. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but it will eventually.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:14 PM

I dont like checking the flop. Why not bet at this unraised pot and try to win it right there?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:15 PM

Gobboboy...your right. If he does push I should call with all my outs. I just meant it would of been easier to just give up and hope to move up in the money. (but I know now, thats the wrong thinking...you play to win)