Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 11-22-2005, 10:55 AM

Default NFL Elimination Pool Pick Week 12. Help Me Please!

Well it's week 12 and I am still alive in an elimination pool. You can pick one team (no point spreads) and once you have picked them, you can't use them any more.

Here are the teams I have used so far this year:
Indy
Pitts
Philly
Cincy
Denver
Seattle
Atlanta
New England
Jacksonville
Carolina
St. Louis

Right now my two favorites are Tampa Bay playing at home against Chicago or Tennessee playing at home against San Francisco.

Tampa Bay is a good team with a lot to play for but only a 3 point favorite.

Tennessee is a horrible team playing an even worse team but is a 9 point favorite.

I would appreciate any input you guys can give me on who to pick this week.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: NFL Elimination Pool Pick Week 12. Help Me Please!

I like Tennessee better than Tampa. Heck, I like Minnesota & Oakland better than Tampa.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:42 AM

Tennessee for sure. Good showing against a good Jacksonville team last week and the 49ers can't get a first down for their lives.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:41 PM

Tennessee, no question. San Francisco is beyond horrible on the road.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:51 PM

This is a very tough week for Survivor leagues. We are down to 8 in mine and I expect that number to half by the end of this week. The only game I really like is Cincy at home against Baltimore but I have already taken Cincy. I am leaning toward Minnesota, Tennessee, or Oakland as well. I for the most part have been going with the biggest favorite that is at home as I never select road teams.

Even though I am a Vikigns fan I do not want to select them as now that they are .500 this is the perfect game for the Vikings to come out and just lay an egg and prove to everyone that they shouldnt be taken seriously.

Tennesee did play JAX tight but I don't know about taking a 2-8 team in a survivor league no matter how bad the opposition is. That being said the 9ers are pretty bad.

Oakland this to me seems like a scary pick as well because if Miami can force a couple turnovers (shouldn't be hard with Collins) they could pull of the upset. However, Oakland did show me a lot by going into WSH and fighting til the end even though they were down 10 against a good D.

As of right now Minnesota is -196 on the ML, TEN is -335, and OAK is -305 (Pinny). I would give the nod to TEN considering they may be playing against a rookie QB but overall this is a very tough survivor week if you have already taken the "easy" picks. Good luck to everyone who is still alive.

Edit: If you are getting close to final 3-4 this might be a very good week to take TEN as probably not that many people will pick and will be tempted to take JAX on the road, or Carolina on the road.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very tough week for Survivor leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to doubt there's any such thing as a tough week for a survivor league.

We're down to 5 in the 2+2 pool (Dud, Cha59, Jedi, Dr Jekyl, and myself), and we've been at 5 for quite some time. This week, we were spread out on four different teams, and we all still advanced.

Just take a big fav, and hope.
Old 11-23-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a very tough week for Survivor leagues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant this is a tough week if you only take home teams that are big favorites as there aren't really any this week besides Tennessee and Oakland and both are under .500. I am of the opinion everyweek in a survivor league is tough. This is the first time ours has every gotten past week 8 and usaully have a 2nd one started by Week 5 because the pool from the first one is so greatly reduced.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:45 PM

Titans -335
Raiders -305
Vikings -196
Bucs -140

I would be very wary of the Tampa game. the Bears haven't been this confident in almost 2 decades and they are not going to show their old NFC central rivals any weakness en route to the playoffs.

IMO, I would take Tennessee over Oakland this week. the niners winning on the road is just...not happening. SF has only scored 43 points away all season. both teams coming off tough losses which show they can hang, but the Titans don't have to travel. miami is pretty bad too, but mathematically, they're only the second worst opponent here.