Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Jacks on the bubble +1

Ye-ah...forgot that part even though I mentioned it elsewhere in my rambling post. Think it's a pretty close one - how UTG/UTG+1 have played to that point is pretty important. Can't hate too hard on either play.

If I haven't seen UTG mini-raise yet with biggish blinds, I'd get out of the way given the real chance UTG has an overpair, the fact that UTG+1 might have a good hand, and the fact you will still have an inside track on 3rd (absent a fluke tie b/n UTG and UTG+1).

Ramble over.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:35 AM

I hope your thoughts are strung together a bit more coherently while at the table, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Otherwise you'd time out on every bubble decision!

Yugoslav
Who thought your post had quite a bit of good insight....somewhere in there, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 04-22-2005, 01:52 AM

My Gramps-supercomputer-of-a-brain would never allow such a thing to happen. It's the translation from my internal "Super Code" to English that causes the problems...

...Though I have been known to click "Away (Post Blind and Fold)," then reduce the table, then forget completely about it and fold my way into 4th place. I'm working on the beta patch to fix that little problem... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

...Though I have been known to click "Away (Post Blind and Fold)," then reduce the table, then forget completely about it and fold my way into 4th place. I'm working on the beta patch to fix that little problem... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just the other day I was playing and managed to minimize a table and not notice. I didn't even realize I was still at it until i tired to open a new table and was told I had 4 open tables.

So I open it up just in time to see myself all-in in the BB with 4 players left. I double up. Some guy decides to get himself busted the next hand, so I make the money anyway.