Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Party 2/4 Jackpot Tables

I've heard that these tables are softer than the regular 2/4 tables. Are they soft enough to make up for the extra rake that is taken? Or is it maybe the kind of thing where if you get desperate and you can't find a good table, you might want to check out the Jackpot tables?
Old 06-16-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Party 2/4 Jackpot Tables

It depends how good you are. This has been asked a lot, actually someone asked it like...an hr ago. The games are soft, but the extra .5 per hand can hurt. (approx 8BB more an hr coming off he table)
Old 06-16-2005, 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends how good you are. This has been asked a lot, actually someone asked it like...an hr ago. The games are soft, but the extra .5 per hand can hurt. (approx 8BB more an hr coming off he table)

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't pay .50 per hand. You need to divide the .50 per hand between all the players at the table - it's not like it's soley coming out of your stack and nobody else's. (Also note that they only take a jackpot drop on raked hands so small HU steal situations don't get raked and don't take a drop for the jackpot)

To say that playing the BBJ tables costs an extra 8BB/hour is insane.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't pay .50 per hand. You need to divide the .50 per hand between all the players at the table - it's not like it's soley coming out of your stack and nobody else's. (Also note that they only take a jackpot drop on raked hands so small HU steal situations don't get raked and don't take a drop for the jackpot)

To say that playing the BBJ tables costs an extra 8BB/hour is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

The poster didn't say that.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-16-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...(approx 8BB more an hr coming off he table)

[/ QUOTE ]
...To say that playing the BBJ tables costs an extra 8BB/hour is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]...The poster didn't say that.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're correct - I misread the post. Even so - now that I'm accurately understanding what the OP of my reply meant: To say that there's an extra 8BB/hr coming off the table is insane! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'll explain (assuming 2/4). Figure 90% of the pots are raked. 50 hands/hr at a table. That gives you 45 raked hands at $.50/hand for a total of $22.50 dropped towards the BBJ. That's only 5.5BBs off the table - and I think these numbers are quite conservative.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:54 AM

I usually wait till the jackpot is very big (200k+) before I go on. Two reasons:

1) A big jackpot makes it slightly more EV to play the tables, as a chance of a big pay off is higher
2) The fish seem to love the big jackpot, and I think the games degrade enough to make up for the extra rake.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:56 AM

We should offer a jackpot to the millionth time this softness vs extra rake question gets posted.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We should offer a jackpot to the millionth time this softness vs extra rake question gets posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two free beers and counting.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:58 AM

I don't have any problems finding insanely soft 2/4 games...

However I have went in search of soft 5/10 BBJ games when the Jackpot gets over $200K