Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 12:07 AM

Default QB Help! Hasselbeck or Trent Green?

I really need help on this. Who is gonna have the bigger game? I have a TON riding on this week.

Hasselback @ Philly
Trent vs Denver
Old 12-04-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: QB Help! Hasselbeck or Trent Green?

Besides the fact that I like KC more than Seattle, I just looked it up and Denver has a worse pass defense. I really don't know whether Hasselbeck or Green is better, but they seem to both be doing about equally well this year, so I think it's going to come down to whether the TD plays are going to be running plays or passing plays. I'd say go with Trent Green and hope that they don't try punching it in with Larry Johnson and instead go for the short pass into the endzone with Gonzales.

Hasselbeck does have more TDs this year though.

EDIT: I just looked it up, and Hasselbeck has a TD in all but one game this year. Maybe he's the better play. I'd still go with Trent Green, but hopefully somebody else will give his opinion.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:51 AM

I'd lean towards Green and I'm a big Hawks fan. Philly is going to blitz us like crazy- and unless DJack plays, Matt's still working with WRs that just don't get that free, really limiting him. The only plus is that if Philly wraps up Alexander like they did LT, Matt will end up passing a ton.

I'm really expecting Monday's game to be ugly. Not actually competative, and the Hawks win, but it will be unsightly.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lean towards Green and I'm a big Hawks fan. Philly is going to blitz us like crazy- and unless DJack plays, Matt's still working with WRs that just don't get that free, really limiting him. The only plus is that if Philly wraps up Alexander like they did LT, Matt will end up passing a ton.

I'm really expecting Monday's game to be ugly. Not actually competative, and the Hawks win, but it will be unsightly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jurevicius should start, but might not be at 100 percent. That said, I still start Hasselbeck. Denver's got the #1 run defense in at least the AFC, and possibly the whole league, I'm not sure which. Could make it tougher to sell your play actions and screens, which is how Green gets many of his passing yards and scores. Philly will do all they can to not let Alexander beat them. Result? Hasselbeck gets time in the pocket to find his targets. Walter Jones, his all-pro left tackle, will be anxious to atone for his troublesome game against Osi Umineyora (sp?). Remember, Eli torched this Philly D at Giants Stadium. Hasselbeck's got comparable weapons.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:54 PM

Bump, thanks for the analysis so far...I still dont know my play!
Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM

Gotta go w/ Hasselbeck, better matchup and better fantasy QB IMO. Please help me:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=2#Post4088295
Old 12-04-2005, 01:18 PM

Monday night's game is going to be very cold and raining/snowing. I don't like a QB on the road to put up solid numbers in this spot, so I'd go with Green at home here.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:50 PM

Hasselbeck. And thank you for not saying touchie.