Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 03:26 AM

Default I 3-bet the flop and fold to a cap heads up

PREFLOP
One limper, Hero raises in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], loose passive calls in the SB, TAG calls in the BB, limper calls.

FLOP(4 players) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Checked to Hero who bets, SB calls, BB raises, Limper folds, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB caps, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>.

What would you guys have done differently?

Thanks,
Cartman
Old 10-10-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Re: I 3-bet the flop and fold to a cap heads up

hey Cartman,
I like the 3 bet on flop to isolate because your probably ahead. I would think this to be more along the lines of call cap and call turn and river unless some luv comes out. Many players will be willing to cap with a good draw into a pfr, but then again my judgement has been off this week. Besides he is a TAG and mostlikely realizes his heart will win for him as a kicker incase your ahead currently possibly. I put my self in his shoes. If I am in the BB and thats the flop hands i would be willing to cap with here are any pair with atleast the J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] a set a strong Ace. Any thoughts?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:23 AM

It's fine b/c you're drawing dead so much of the time but I might just see a turn and then call or fold based on his betting tempo.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:57 AM

i think you gotta call the flop for one more bet. he could be capping with a draw and the pot is bloated now. you can fold to the turn bet.