Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 10:32 PM

Default 99 vs 2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em
Converted w/ PonksSaver: http://www.pokermentor.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510
- - - HAND 3245935494 - - -
PreFlop: <font color="blue">HERO</font> is BB with <font color="red">9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> <font color="green">9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> (6 Players)
1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, 1 <font color="darkred">fold</font>,

Flop: (7.00 SB) <font color="green">7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]</font> <font color="blue">7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> <font color="black">T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="green">bets</font>, UTG+1 <font color="darkgreen">raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="blue">HERO</font> calls,

Turn: (6.50 BB) <font color="red">5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]</font> (3 Players)
<font color="blue">HERO</font> checks, UTG+1 <font color="green">bets</font>, Button <font color="darkred">folds</font>, <font color="blue">HERO</font> <font color="darkred">folds</font>,

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

BUT: fish, UTG+1 average
Same table, still running VERY ugly, lost $270 in 1 hour to bad beats. Right to fold here or call for one more on flop?

Kept losing till I hit -$300 then I quit for the night. Swapping tables didnt help either. Poker gods had it in for me tonight WSD 42%
Old 12-23-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: 99 vs 2

Your flop play and turn play are inconsistent. If you think you're behind enough to fold on the turn, you should fold on the flop.

I probably call down here against most 3/6 players and fold against the more passive or straightforward ones.

I'd also make a note that BTN called two cold on the flop and then folded for one bet on the turn, which is pretty ugly play.

-Brian
Old 12-23-2005, 03:26 AM

I take that back. Unless I knew in the first place that BTN would be the sort to call two with on the flop with (evidently) no hand, I think I'd muck this on the flop. Especially since this board is light on draws.

-Brian
Old 12-23-2005, 03:35 AM

flop call isn't terrible getting 12-1 with set outs and bd straight draw. very thin but not horrible if people are taking shots at us.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:33 AM

they almost always have trips here, it's sickening.
Old 12-23-2005, 05:47 AM

i call this down now that it HU
Old 12-23-2005, 08:44 AM

I'm not seeing what you beat on the flop other than 98 and someone getting pretty with 88 or 66 or something like that. Just fold, my man.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:20 AM

It was a tough nights with the beats. I was starting to hit quite a few bluffs at this table. Couldnt get hands and when I did I lost. To them I looked weak tight. I started raising with more hands to compensate. But I noticed when I raised their bet they generally folded. I had to leave my image was shot.

On this board I thought the least likely was that he had 89 here. A 7 ot a T was morelikely. But yes I should have folded the flop there was nothing for me and no odds.