Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Limped pot 100-200

This is definetely a 'mix it up hand'. Sometimes you need to bet and sometimes check-raise.

Though based on:
The Limper will bet 90% to 100% of the time here.

I would BET more often than not. (If it was heads up the exact opposite would be true)

Why?
1) SB will also know that limper will bet with nothing so he may call (and then call your raise). "Sometimes you don't want to trap players."
2) Now on the turn there are so many scare cards the rest of the hand will be tough to play with 2 other players in the pot.
3) Plus if you check raise now and the turn is a low blank the pot will now be big enough for players to draw at you and you will need to dodge another bullet.
4) I like to bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do not three bet here vs a limper raise (you really are not ahead of many hands even KQ is beating you). I call and if the turn is a blank I bet.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet here a very high percentage of the time. if you play with these players often then you need to strike a balance. I also like to lead on flop like 8 4 3 when i'm in the bb and try and take it down. if you dont lead into rag flops ith nothing then check raising is fine. but if you lead a lot without hands they have to see that you lead with top pair so that your other leads have some weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:18 PM

i lead this flop a good chunk of the time because i lead a lot of flops a good chunk of the time whether i have anything or not.

they key is striking a good balance. as paluka said in other posts though, i get a big headache if i get played back at too hard as a c/r seems to always get me trapped with a raise on the turn.