Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: When the turn card doesn\'t change anything heads up

Often villain will peel with any 2. If this is the case, then look at it as the turn card not helping his hand at all, and now he has to call a bigger bet with only 1 card to come and 1 betting street left.

Fish peel that flop bet hard.

As you move up the limits, you can check this turn more and more. It is very opponent specific. Some guys you just gotta bet, some guys its suicide.

blake
Old 10-20-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I open-raise from any non-blind position and get called only by the big blind who will defend with virtually any two and doesn't like to fold postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have a hand with very little showdown value, like Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the logic of betting the flop and betting the turn with no hand against someone that's calling anyway? Why are posters always advocating trying to fold out players that aren't folding anyway. This line is fine if you have somehting like Ace high or even King high, but not Queen high or worse. That's just spewing IMO. There's nothing wrong with not autobetting after raising PF and missing with your marginal hands against calling stations.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:16 PM

Peeling of raggedy flops is so popular that I think you get a good overlay on a turn bet a large proportion of the time.

It's obviously context sensitive though. At one end of the spectrum we have the pathological peeler. At the other end of the spectrum we have situations such as a being against a nit on a drawless K-7-2 rainbow flop, where I'm definately not putting anything more in the pot if I don't improve. And then a thousand million other scenarios in between.