Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Nuts OOP, please help.. my lines are all messed up.

I know im loosing value when holding the nuts OOP.. so where do i give opponent(s) a chance to make a mistake? The turn, the river, or neither because im out of position? I feel like i need to check raise.. but im scared of missing a bet..

I've pretty much stopped slowplaying all together, and i get sucked out on less, but im also missing out on my monsters..... any input would be great...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($97.15)
MP ($108.25)
CO ($17.50)
Button ($43.20)
Hero ($102.60)
BB ($40)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, BB folds, MP calls $2.

Turn: ($7) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP calls $3.

River: ($13) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP folds.

Final Pot: $19

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 9s As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins $19. </font>
Old 12-18-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Nuts OOP, please help.. my lines are all messed up.

pot the turn.

everything else is fine.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:49 AM

Stop betting 1/2 the pot with the nuts...
Old 12-18-2005, 03:51 AM

here is my qustion.. do I want to entice a big raise or get a call of a decent bet? Im new to fast-playing, and im trying to get my logic staightened out..
Old 12-18-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here is my qustion.. do I want to entice a big raise or get a call of a decent bet? Im new to fast-playing, and im trying to get my logic staightened out..

[/ QUOTE ]

With a worst hand, people at this level are much more likely to call a big bet as opposed to raising a small bet.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:54 AM

Isura, this is like the third time in like 24 hours that u've told me to pot the nutz... i really do appreciate your patience with me..

Once and for all... do i just Jam, Jam, Jam all the time or what? Im used to trying to get the other person to make a bigger mistake...
Old 12-18-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Once and for all... do i just Jam, Jam, Jam all the time or what? Im used to trying to get the other person to make a bigger mistake...

[/ QUOTE ]

You should think about what type of player you are against. The typical player at nl25 likes to calldown and showdown his hand (ie a loose passive player). Top pair or better are hands worth a showdown to these players. So you need to valuebet your strong hands. They sometimes will fold to a PSB, but call a 2/3 pot bet. So knowing the player can make you some extra $$$ on the turn and river.

On the othe spectrum, there are players who are retardly aggro. They love to pounce on any sign of weakness, and can't resist the temptation to bet when you check. Against these players, be more willing to check/call or check/raise. I still don't like betting small against these players, because they will usually just call (and not bluff/raise). However, when you check, they tend to bet close to the pot on a bluff or with weak 1 pair hands. For example, you flop middle set on a semi-coordinated board. You pot the flop, he calls. Turn doesn't complete any draws. I will often check against a dumb aggro opponent. He won't be able to resist the temptation to semibluff his draw on the turn, or valuebet top pair and pot commit himself. Then pop him with a check/raise (allin?) on the turn and you'll get some very loose calls.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:21 AM

Isura, thank you so much for your thoughtful replies, every word was taken to heart.. More and more im thinking I need a HUD so i can properly categorize my opponents... but paying attention just might to the trick also [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 07:10 AM

Am I the only one to notice that Hero does not have the nuts?

SpaceAce
Old 12-18-2005, 11:34 AM

Nitpick, but..
The nuts is 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] followed by 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero has the third nuts in this hand.