Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 04:08 PM

Default NCAAF: UCLA +21.5

Thoughts on this game? Seems strange to give that vegas would give 3 TDs to the #11 team. I can understand why though, UCLA 3rd worst rushing def, blown out by Arizona, USC has explosive offense. Not to mention consensus is on UCLA already.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: NCAAF: UCLA +21.5

I took Fresno State and the points, will probably take UCLA as well.

But this could end up being another OSU-Northwestern situation. Generally, ranked teams with explosive offenses and crap defense deserve to be big time dogs to more balanced, higher ranked teams.

I prefer betting on dogs with good D like Fresno State to dogs with no D. They are much more likely to keep it close.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:17 PM

If Arizona can beat them by 45, USC will beat them by 215... seriously, this UCLA team is god awful, take USC
Old 11-29-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on this game? Seems strange to give that vegas would give 3 TDs to the #11 team. I can understand why though, UCLA 3rd worst rushing def, blown out by Arizona, USC has explosive offense. Not to mention consensus is on UCLA already.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are ranked #11, but no one in their right mind thinks they are the 11th best team in the country.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are ranked #11, but no one in their right mind thinks they are the 11th best team in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

im a bruin, and even i have to agree. We dont stand a chance in this game.
With 21.5... i dunno.. seems kinda fair to me.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:28 PM

Continuing my crusade to get people to look at the Sagarin predictor, I will note that predictor lines this game at 21. So the line doesn't surprise me.

Also note predictor says UCLA is the 20th best team in the country, not 11th. Which TomCollins pointed out already. TomCollins's posts today are bringing me great joy.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt05.htm
Old 11-29-2005, 08:46 PM

What do you all think about the over at 74? With this game, we have two top offenses, one okay defense, and one crap defense. Sounds like a recipe for scoring.

I can easily see USC in the 50's and UCLA in the 30's or 40's, but even at 49-28, that goes over. Thoughts?
Old 11-29-2005, 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Continuing my crusade to get people to look at the Sagarin predictor, I will note that predictor lines this game at 21. So the line doesn't surprise me.

Also note predictor says UCLA is the 20th best team in the country, not 11th. Which TomCollins pointed out already. TomCollins's posts today are bringing me great joy.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt05.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm doing something right lately. My picks have been universally wrong in terms of spreads. I don't have a solid feeling which way to go here, but once I do, just pick the opposite. Easy money.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:13 PM

UCLA can't stop anybody. If the Trojans don't stop themselves they'll score every time they get the ball. If you have to bet this game (I'm not) I think you have to lay the points.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:08 AM

I agree. IF you bet this game, go with the Trojans. Statement time