Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:13 PM

Default 400nl - QQ in BB

Raiser is 40/6.2/6
Button is 22.5/5/1.67

No real reads yet as I have only played about 75 hands with each.

Should I reraise this PF? I always have a very hard time reraising QQ OOP, especially against more than one player.

UTG ($180.90)
UTG+1 ($39)
UTG+2 ($1055.10)
MP1 ($396)
MP2 ($350.50)
MP3 ($587.12)
CO ($263)
Button ($486.80)
SB ($114)
Hero ($908.60)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls $4, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $15</font>, Button calls $15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $11, UTG calls $11.

Flop: ($62) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, Button calls $60.

Turn: ($182) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $250</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $532
Old 11-14-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: 400nl - QQ in BB

A reraise gets you heads upa dn you can probably safely fold to a push (so that would have saved you some money). Villain is definitely telling you he hit a set (66 or 33) and wants to extract some value now.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:20 PM

I like a re-raise preflop. I do this with AA/KK/QQ/AK and then cont. bet any flop. My hand range is wider if it's just the CO or button in with and open-raise

Given you called pre, I like your line. He maybe has JJ or some other draw/air hand, but looks like you're probably behind AA/KK/TT

edit: oops thought button was preflop raiser. Yeah I still like your line though
Old 11-14-2005, 11:22 PM

I think I am going to make it $50-$65 preflop. This makes the postflop play much easier. I would be less inclined to reraise QQ if the initial raiser were in early or middle position, and the raiser had less aggressive stats. Your relative position and villain's stats make me instinctually want to reraise this.

I normally play 6-max, though, and my default play would be to make a very large raise here. Calling is not a bad second choice though imo.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a re-raise preflop. I do this with AA/KK/QQ/AK and then cont. bet any flop. My hand range is wider if it's just the CO or button in with and open-raise

Given you called pre, I like your line. He maybe has JJ or some other draw/air hand, but looks like you're probably behind AA/KK/TT

edit: oops thought button was preflop raiser. Yeah I still like your line though

[/ QUOTE ]

He cold-called the raise pre-flop so I don't put him on AA or KK. Has to be a set or some goofy 2-pr.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He cold-called the raise pre-flop so I don't put him on AA or KK. Has to be a set or some goofy 2-pr.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does he possibly have 2 pair? His stats seem legit so he cold called with...?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:16 AM

Reraise preflop.
On the flop I like a checkraise a bit more I think, I am willing to play a big pot on this board against most players. Lead isn't bad, and it's a good fold to the turn raise.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does he possibly have 2 pair? His stats seem legit so he cold called with...?

[/ QUOTE ]

For 75 hands, a maniac can play liek a TAG and a TAG can play like a maniac. Starting hand variance is also something to consider. Button's range could be wider than you think or he might ne a fan of calling with odd hands on the button.

I think his action screams set (70%), but I would not be totally shocked to see something like T6 soooted(5%) misplayed AA or KK (5%) or even worse 45s(20%). I think hero is way behind here.