Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 03:55 PM

Default 2 hands vs. aggressive player facing a push

The villian in this hand is a Party regular, STR8CashHOme, who multitables the 10/20 games. He seems like a pretty solid player, but is very loose and aggressive. He seems to like to make random raises for any amount with any two cards and uses his position well.

He's multitabling right now, but is stuck a lot between his four tables and seems to be tilting on them, except for this particular table where he is up and seems to be playing normally.

Hand 1

My stack is $3000. His stack is $5000.

One early position limper to me and I raise in late position with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to $80. The SB folds. He calls in the BB. Limper calls too.

The flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets $185. The limper folds and I just call.

The turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] I bet $450. He seems to hesitate for a while and then calls.

The river is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he pushes all in. What should I do here? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

HAND 2

This is a while later on a different table. He's calmed down some of his LAG play.

My stack is $2600. His stack is $2000 (He just reloaded after getting rivered in a big pot)

He open limps in MP. Three limpers follow him. I raise in the SB with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] to $160. Only he calls.

The flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I bet $250. He pushes. What do I do now? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: 2 hands vs. aggressive player facing a push

im calling both hands...im not that good to get away from either hand althogh hand 2 would be easier to get away from than hand one
Old 08-19-2005, 07:23 PM

what are you putting the villian on in these hands?
Old 08-20-2005, 12:16 AM

youre description of this player could not possibly be any further off. he is not even close to loose whatsoever.

hand 1. if you called, you lost. he has the nuts here.
hand 2. flip a coin. i dont care.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:21 AM

fold both.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:48 AM

Hand 1 looks like the underfull - I love leading out with the underfull and trapping trips as he has done here. Before your brain can even think 'OGODIAMBEAT' you've probably clicked call.

Hand 2, I fold. What do you beat here? I mean I guess he could have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] but you're a dog to that as well. He limp called a raise out of the SB and is pushing. Have you been aggressive out of the blinds lately? Because if your raising range is the standard (JJ, QQ, KK, AA, AK), you have to lay this down. He knows this and therefore could be bluffing, but then again how often do overpairs lay down here?
Old 08-20-2005, 09:34 PM

Umm, I think it's the other way around, I think hand 1 is easier to fold than hand 2. Hand two I'm thinking big draw. Axs or JTs. But then again, maybe AA or KK limps, in MP it's a little less likely to be AA or KK, but he was still first in. I would lean more towards calling hand two and hand 1 I would lean more towards folding.
Call with QQ, fold trips to either a house or AQ, I doubt a "regular winner" does it with QJ, so all you can beat is a bluff (which is posible).
Old 08-20-2005, 09:45 PM

1 is almost always a boat, so fold. 2, you lose to 88, 99, AA, KK, and are a dog to a really good spade/straight draw, so fold that one too.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
solid player, but is very loose and aggressive. He seems to like to make random raises for any amount with any two cards and uses his position well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against this particular type of player you'd be better off checking the flop in hand 2, espeically considering how easily readable your hand is.