Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 01:15 AM

Default the blinds are pouring

How can I stop the bleeding from the blinds? I checked PT summary and it's brutal, 4x everything else combined. If you take out the blinds those are my most profitable postitions. What's up? Am I misreading PT? Am I insane? Don't answer the last one.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: the blinds are pouring

haha... You are leaking at least an SB nearly every rotation; do you really think you can make a profit doing that?

It's standard.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:29 AM

If you were a net winner in the blinds, that would mean you could win long term by just playing any two cards.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 AM

Okay, for some reason I just noticed how bad it was blinds vs everything else. 80% of lost $$ from the blinds. That's hard to wrap my head around.

Now, SSHE makes a LOT more sense when it says very hard to beat low limits after blinds and rake playing like a rock.

Is 4x normal? That's hard to imagine.

Thank you. I might be able to sleep tonight.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, for some reason I just noticed how bad it was blinds vs everything else. 80% of lost $$ from the blinds. That's hard to wrap my head around.

Now, SSHE makes a LOT more sense when it says very hard to beat low limits after blinds and rake playing like a rock.

Is 4x normal? That's hard to imagine.

Thank you. I might be able to sleep tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you aren't playing cards from the blinds, you're typically playing the top 1/5 of the starting hands (VPIP 20%). If these are all the +EV hands, is it really hard to believe that playing any two cards in the blinds will cause you to lose 4x what you normally lose?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:46 AM

Nah, I've just caught way more than my fair share of cards in the blinds. PT says I'm winning 21% of the time from the BB and 13% from the SB. Losing my tail in MP (not close ot my fair share of cards). Winning in LP (right at my fair share).

It's freakin unreal to see the diff w/o blinds column. I was just looking at the last week of AP for another thread and this just jumped out for some reason.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:54 AM

You're misunderstanding me, I think. The blinds alone are 4x The net lost in all hands combined. It's a boat load of $$ paid out. Add the rake and it's absurd what it takes to be a net winner.

"4x everything else combined. If you take out the blinds those are my most profitable postitions."
Old 05-05-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're misunderstanding me, I think. The blinds alone are 4x The net lost in all hands combined. It's a boat load of $$ paid out. Add the rake and it's absurd what it takes to be a net winner.

"4x everything else combined. If you take out the blinds those are my most profitable postitions."

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting a free look at the flop if you take out the blinds. Of course its going to be profitable because if you hit you maximize and if you miss you lose nothing.

EDIT: or discounted, since some are SB.